Abe2

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Thanks Lalehjoon

I which the best of luck and hope to hear the good news from you as well

MB 8926

Aug 23, 2016
Hi everyone.
Since, this thread is very active and I have an urgent query I would be very happy if I get an honest response.

My wife and I applied for visitor visa on August 7th 2016 online in uae. Our trip is scheduled on the beginning of September 2016
at the time of application trv processing time showed 40 days. The trv processing time now shows 52 days for UAE as of today. Calculation wise I will get the response on September end which is basically around the end of my leave period and practically the end of my trip.

Based on the information shared and displayed in the thread by various number of people I infer that the visa process takes more than 1.5 months.
This is very disheartening as my wife and I earlier travelled to Canada in 2013 where we applied in June online and left to Canada in July itself.
Likewise, we acted upon experience and applied for the visa a month in advance this year as well.

All I want to know is, will the passport submission response come anytime within 52 days or it will definitely take full 52 days as mentioned in the website for the response to come through?

Is there any ray of hope for the august beginning trv online applicants?

please do provide us an honest opinion. Good or bad. As it can help me to review and revise my trip plans at the earliest.

Your response whether positive or negative would be highly appreciated.
thank you.

Lalehjoon

Aug 13, 2016
Hello,

I have applied on June 20th and still haven't heard back. So in my case it's been more than 60 days. And there are also other people in this forum who have waited more than 52 days. Hopefully yours come earlier but it's been the case for me. Good luck.

pinger123

Aug 5, 2016
Hey all, I got an email couple of hours ago. I got a Passport request today 23rd August 2016. I have applied on the June 15th 2016.

Abe2

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Congratulations Pinger123.

I have submitted my passport to vfs global (Dubai) yesterday and they told me that it will take 7 to 10 days to receive the passport back.

I hope to hear the good news from the other participants of this thread

pinger123

Aug 5, 2016
Abe2 said:
Congratulations Pinger123.

I have submitted my passport to vfs global (Dubai) yesterday and they told me that it will take 7 to 10 days to receive the passport back.

I hope to hear the good news from the other participants of this thread

Thanks so much Abe2. Can you please provide more information on what all you included to submit the document.
I will also be submitting in Dubai. Appreciate it.

Abe2

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi

Pinger , in my case I have submitted the letter received from the Embassy along with the passport and if you done biometric with them they require your previous vfs reference number that will start by 201606...

pinger123

Aug 5, 2016
Abe2 said:
Hi

Pinger , in my case I have submitted the letter received from the Embassy along with the passport and if you done biometric with them they require your previous vfs reference number that will start by 201606...
Awesome. In my case I did not do any biometric, so I guess the Passport, along the request letter, and the Fees will do.
I will do that tomo. Thank You!

Lalehjoon

Aug 13, 2016
Congrats Pinger123,

So excited to know things are moving along. You applied 5 days before I did. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.enjoy your trip.

sonias

Jul 27, 2016
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-11-2017
pinger123 said:
Hey all, I got an email couple of hours ago. I got a Passport request today 23rd August 2016. I have applied on the June 15th 2016.
Awesome news Pinger123! Congratulations :D

MB 8926

Aug 23, 2016
Yes which is why i came to this thread because I see many people have waited for more than 60 days as well, which is quite shocking since it was done in 25 days when i applied last time and its after all just a visit visa . :eek:

We already have a valid usa visa and are very frequent travellers.

We thought the visa process would possibly quicken keeping in mind r previous travel to Canada , Usa and several other places. But as I was reading the messages from fellow forum writers my hopes started slowly fading away.

Anyhow thank you for the updates.
Keep the information coming.

Lalehjoon

Aug 13, 2016
Ues I agree. I've never waited 60 days for a visit visa in my life... It doesn't really make sense but I guess we don't have any other choice but to wait...