+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from Outside Canada on approved work permit

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ok thanks for clarifying. I have applied for TRV from India on Feb 05th. IRCC website states that there are 102 days for processing of visitor visa applications.
We will complete 6 months stay out of Canada on Apr 26, 2023. We want to travel back before that day so that we don't end up to get medical tests due to >6 months stay in India. Since my wife is pregnant and x-ray test cannot be done in pregnancy. We want to travel back before Apr 26th.

But if it will take 102 days as per processing timelines in IRCC then it seems we will not get visa till Apr 26th and then we will not be able to travel this year due to medical test requirement.
Have you got any update from IRCC?

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ok thanks for clarifying. I have applied for TRV from India on Feb 05th. IRCC website states that there are 102 days for processing of visitor visa applications.
We will complete 6 months stay out of Canada on Apr 26, 2023. We want to travel back before that day so that we don't end up to get medical tests due to >6 months stay in India. Since my wife is pregnant and x-ray test cannot be done in pregnancy. We want to travel back before Apr 26th.

But if it will take 102 days as per processing timelines in IRCC then it seems we will not get visa till Apr 26th and then we will not be able to travel this year due to medical test requirement.
Have you got any update from IRCC?

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019

Have you got any update?

achsah346

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all hope you doing good i got the approval letter for pgwp extension in my cic account yesterday but i am currently in India , i am travelling back to canadanext week and my physical WP has been mailed to canadian address so can i show my pgwp extension approval letter as a proof that my pgwp extension was approved and my trv which is valid till 2028 to cbsa officer when i re enter canada?

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Hi guys,
I received a Letter of Original Passport Request from IRCC few days ago and its mentioned that i have to submit my passport within 30days of recieving the email.
Unfortunately my passport is not available with me now and wont be available until after 60days.. what can i do in this regard ?
is it possible i can write IRCC to extend my submission date ?

i will appreciate any advise from here.

xtunt2323

Oct 22, 2023
All you can do is wait.
Good day, I have similar problem, I am currently in USA and my TRV has expired, I have renewed my medical here in usa and it has been updated … I have a valid open work permit till December 2025. I hold a Nigerian passport but i choose submitted from usa…. My question is, how long does it take to get approval.. Thank you

xtunt2323

Oct 22, 2023
I have valid work permit till Sep 2023 but the visa in passport has expired. I had to return back to India in Oct 2022 due to some family exigencies.
To return back to Canada I need stamping in visa. I have submitted the application on Feb 05th for visa stamping in passport against already approved work permit. Any idea by when I can expect the passport submission request?
Good day, I have similar problem, I am currently in USA and my TRV has expired, I have renewed my medical here in usa and it has been updated … I have a valid open work permit till December 2025. I hold a Nigerian passport but i choose submitted from usa…. My question is, how long does it take to get approval.. Thank you