+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from London

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi all,

I will be applying for a TRV from London soon. Just want advice and tips I should keep in mind when applying to get the visa on my first application.

Some details about me:
- I live in the UK on a spouse dependant visa, my husband is a UK national
- I have a permanent job with a healthy salary
- I want to visit my uncle in Canada. He is a Canadian citizen and my dad's maternal first cousin but we don't have documents to prove the relationship. Only pictures since my childhood up till now, chat history, etc. He signed on my marriage certificate as a witness and is listed as my uncle on it.
- I have travelled to three other countries on tourism since 2013 and have visas, exit entry stamps to prove travel history
- My nationality is Pakistani
- Intended duration of visit is 2 weeks

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers!

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
You have a strong case. You need to show proofs of your financial status (employment letter, pay slips, bank statements for 4 months) and ties to UK (marriage certificate, employment leave letter, other assets, family, etc.). An invitation letter from your 'uncle' explaining your relationship and inviting you to visit for 2 weeks should also be sufficient. He also needs to include a copy of his ID (passport, for example). You can include any other details in your cover letter.

Good luck.

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Thank you! Yes I was aware of all these basic requirements but wanted to know if there is any additional little pieces of information/documents I should include that seals the deal, given how many cases they reject.

You think its worth me adding my husband's bank statements too? Given that we split the house and living expenses and because I'm his 'dependant' in terms of my spouse visa?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mirza,

My husband also applied for TRV but he did not include my bank statement (I don't require visa just like your husband) So I believe you need to provide bank statements of your own and if you have statements of your joint bank account, that might help. So include evidence like joint bank accounts, tenancy agreement, bills and insurances (where you are both named) to prove you share the same address.