+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

uzay

Feb 20, 2022
Hey everyone!
I applied yesterday for a TRV inside Canada and the IRCC website says the processing time is 18 days. I know that these processing times are never correct but I have to travel on April 10th. Let's say it took a month to get my PPR. Would I be able to travel to Istanbul, mail my passport from there to my address in Canada so that my roommates can mail my passport to them, get the visa on it and mail it back to me? I'm willing to stay in my home country for longer (until September) if this is an option.

akm_11

Apr 19, 2019
Hey everyone!
I applied yesterday for a TRV inside Canada and the IRCC website says the processing time is 18 days. I know that these processing times are never correct but I have to travel on April 10th. Let's say it took a month to get my PPR. Would I be able to travel to Istanbul, mail my passport from there to my address in Canada so that my roommates can mail my passport to them, get the visa on it and mail it back to me? I'm willing to stay in my home country for longer (until September) if this is an option.
I think when you will travel to Istanbul, airport immigration will put an exit date stamp on your passport. That can create a problem. Ircc will know that you’ve traveled outside Canada and have not returned back.

However, there is an option to get it stamped from a Canadian visa office in Istanbul, if there is any. But that involves some risk.

Sometimes when we travel outside canada after Trv approval, our address changes so ircc again puts our “approved” TRV application in the “in process” status and sends our file to our local visa office, which for you will be Istanbul’s visa office. Then you will again have to wait for the visa approval from them. And after you get ppr you can submit passport for stamping to the Visa office in Istanbul.

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Could any one who had sent a webform recently regarding delayed TRV let me know how long it took for the IRCC response? And wether it helped or not. My application is now crossing 70 days and still under review. Very dispointing

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
Could any one who had sent a webform recently regarding delayed TRV let me know how long it took for the IRCC response? And wether it helped or not. My application is now crossing 70 days and still under review. Very dispointing
Feb 16 - Sent webform
Feb 17 - got following automated reply. We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Feb 25 - PPR

Not sure if the webform really helped in getting PPR or not.

Reactions: NewN

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
Hi all, nowadays what is the TRV validity is being given? is it till work permit expiry or passport validity? I read that some people are getting till their passport expiry, is there any pattern here? like giving more days in stay program in imm form?

Last edited:
Reactions: Abc1234a

althafme

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
AOR Received.
09-02-2021
Can we travel outside canada while trv is processing and submit the passport outside canada when the request comes?