+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Em_999

Dec 17, 2021
Montreal, Canada
Online application for TRV from inside Canada
This is my girlfriend's application (she's currently on a PGWP) (I'm a Canadian Citizen)

Timeline:
- Date received : January 23rd 2021.
- Left Canada for China at the end of August 2021 to visit her family/friends.
- She sent multiple webforms/emails in November saying she needs to comeback around January 2022 and she still doesn't have her TRV.
- I emailed my MP multiple times at the end of November / beginning of December and they contacted IRCC with an explicative letter she wrote, her work permit, her job offer, her vaccination proof, her lease in Montreal, and her CSQ.
- Background check changed from "Not applicable" to "We are processing your background check" around December 8th.
- Review of Eligibility started around December 14th.

1) My question is did something like this ever happen to some of you or do you know someone who went through something similar ?
2) How quickly was the final decision made once it entered the eligibility review stage ?
3) And is it normal for inland TRV application to process background check ?
4) And does eligibility review normally starts after background check has passed ?

I am a bit confused and anxious about the situation...
And she's been waiting for almost 1 year...

Em_999

Dec 17, 2021
Montreal, Canada
Online application for TRV from inside Canada
This is my girlfriend's application (she's currently on a PGWP) (I'm a Canadian Citizen)

Timeline:
- Date received : January 23rd 2021.
- Left Canada for China at the end of August 2021 to visit her family/friends.
- She sent multiple webforms/emails in November saying she needs to comeback around January 2022 and she still doesn't have her TRV.
- I emailed my MP multiple times at the end of November / beginning of December and they contacted IRCC with an explicative letter she wrote, her work permit, her job offer, her vaccination proof, her lease in Montreal, and her CSQ.
- Background check changed from "Not applicable" to "We are processing your background check" around December 8th.
- Review of Eligibility started around December 14th.

1) My question is did something like this ever happen to some of you or do you know someone who went through something similar ?
2) How quickly was the final decision made once it entered the eligibility review stage ?
3) And is it normal for inland TRV application to process background check ?
4) And does eligibility review normally starts after background check has passed ?

I am a bit confused and anxious about the situation...
And she's been waiting for almost 1 year...
It is also worth noting that I recently discovered that she still has her S-1 Visa from when she was a student and it expires on June 11th 2022.
Technically it is a valid TRV so we think she'd be able to enter Canada.

0) Does submitting an application for a TRV extention under a PGWP automatically cancel her current S-1 Visa ?
1) Is entering Canada with a S-1 Visa and a PGWP a common thing ?
2) And would CBSA or boarding the plane will give her a hard time ?
(She has her Canadian vaccination proof + a job offer + her Montreal lease + a proof she applied for a TRV renewal back in January)

Last edited:

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Received this as a response to the crisis
Did anyone receive something similar?

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Did they check your background??

nandikaravi21

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I applied for TRV on Aug 3rd and I haven't received any updates on my application. I plan on travelling to India. Can I get my stamping done there and when should I let IRCC know that I've travelled?
Updating this thread with my TRV timeline (from inside Canada)
Applied on Aug:3rd (no update until Dec 3rd)
Dec 3rd: PPR
Dec12: Counter Foil
Dec 20: Got back the PP

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
My TRV journey has been very stressing & long. So here it goes.
Date of First Application from inside Canada : September 6, 2021
Date of Travel to India due to family emergency : September 12, 2021
PPR : October 5, 2021
IRCC confirmation on passport submission in India : October 8, 2021
Transfer to NDVO : October 18, 2021 (on reaching IRCC)
Status changed from ‘approved’ to ‘in progress’
Passport returned without stamp : November 12, 2021

Sent numerous emails to NDVO and raised webforms but no answer. In the meantime I was on the verge of losing my job, my kids were losing out on their education and my husband was under a lot of stress due to being alone in Canada.
Got in touch with another person who went through the same turmoil and was stuck here here even longer. He advised me to reapply.

Date of second Application from India : November 24, 2021
PPR : December 2, 2021
First application withdrawn on same day
Sent passport : December 8, 2021
Passport Received with Stamp: December 21, 2021
For all those who think you can get your passports stamped in India even if your application is initiated in Canada, I would suggest please do not take a risk. It totally depends on case to case. I came across similar posts on this forum for stamping and travelled to India without a TRV. I was lucky enough to come across a person who helped me through this.
All the best to everyone.

Reactions: Sajesh and Faizi

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020

Sent numerous emails to NDVO and raised webforms but no answer. In the meantime I was on the verge of losing my job, my kids were losing out on their education and my husband was under a lot of stress due to being alone in Canada.
Got in touch with another person who went through the same turmoil and was stuck here here even longer. He advised me to reapply.

For all those who think you can get your passports stamped in India even if your application is initiated in Canada, I would suggest please do not take a risk. It totally depends on case to case. I came across similar posts on this forum for stamping and travelled to India without a TRV. I was lucky enough to come across a person who helped me through this.
And but about your biometric’s??
can you send the contact number from where you applied your second application??
or did you applied your own??

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020

Did they check your background on your second application??
Did you applied from IRCC new portal?? Or gc key??
Did you withdrawn your application by your own or it was automatically withdrawn??
please reply

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
This is going to be me very soon - I applied for TRV (second application) on Oct 14th and planning to travel end of Dec due to an emergency. Did your friend inform IRCC about travelling? Do you know if his file has been transferred to India for processing?
Did your biometric already done??

Dec 23, 2021
Applied on Nov 26
Dec 14: PPR (Sent Passport Same Day via UPS)
Dec 15 : Passport Received in Ottawa
Dec 21: Counter Foil
Return Tracker not active.
Any idea when I can receive my passport? Need it urgently.

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
What is the trend with duration of TRV from within canada?

i recently applied my brothers trv he has pgwp for 1 year. Is he going to get 1 yr trv or till validity of his passport?
He will submit pnp PR application sometime mid of next year

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
What is the trend with duration of TRV from within canada?

i recently applied my brothers trv he has pgwp for 1 year. Is he going to get 1 yr trv or till validity of his passport?
He will submit pnp PR application sometime mid of next year
I got mine till the validity of my work permit. And it is W-1 not V-1 as most of the members got here.

Reactions: Shan121

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
Hi all, need few clarifications regarding TRV extension. I'm inside Canada and have work permit till 2023, but my TRV is expiring in Feb 2022

1. When can I initiate TRV extension. Is it has to be within last 30days before expiry?
2. What is the processing times nowadays?
3. Does it require medicals?

Abc1234a

Star Member
Dec 31, 2021
Hello everyone. I have pgwp. I applied trv to go to my country. I applied December 22 inside Canada. Do you know how long does it take? Because I have to go my country for my surgery. Is there anything I can do about it ? Please help. Cannot reach anyone from ircc through phone.