+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Buda01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Got my PPR today.
Student, alone, 25 years old, from Quebec, with biometrics done.
Timeline
Applied around the 20th June
Eligibility started around 24th August.
Got my PPR today.

Rinder12

Sep 17, 2021
My friend applied on July 13,
No webform raised. Our applications have been under eligibility review for 2 weeks now. She got her PPR today. Hopefully i get mine soon. I applied July 14th.

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
did you try to reach them as the processing time is exceeded for March applicants?
I submitted my webform on 4 Sep2021.
I received general acknowledgment on 8 Sep 2021 which is given below:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.
We will respond to these priority enquiries only:
· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers
· Changes in contact information
· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds
If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.
If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

****************************************************************************************************
I checked my cic account for My current status:
Review of eligibility :
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

lost_soul

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello everybody,

I applied for TRV from inside Canada on March 1st 2021, when processing times were 1 month. Processing times kept getting extended, and I have now been waiting for 6.5 months while the official processing time is now 5 months.
I am still waiting for a passport request. I feel like a prisoner here, haven't seen my family in 2 years, let alone vacation. I am starting to get depressed for not being able to move anywhere, especially now with Winter coming up.

I don't trust the canadian immigration system anymore. Lies, mistakes, unannounced changes. Is there anything I can do at this point?

Reactions: erwin2020

kar_21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Hello everybody,

I applied for TRV from inside Canada on March 1st 2021, when processing times were 1 month. Processing times kept getting extended, and I have now been waiting for 6.5 months while the official processing time is now 5 months.
I am still waiting for a passport request. I feel like a prisoner here, haven't seen my family in 2 years, let alone vacation. I am starting to get depressed for not being able to move anywhere, especially now with Winter coming up.

I don't trust the canadian immigration system anymore. Lies, mistakes, unannounced changes. Is there anything I can do at this point?
Do you have any PR application in progress and are you on SP/WP?
I’m in the same boat

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hello everybody,

Do you have any PR application in progress and are you on SP/WP?
I’m in the same boat
Same situation, I applied March 8 on PGWP. Currently have FSW-Inland PR in process. Have not seen my loved ones since 2019...

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Yesterday I checked status of my TRV visa stamp application (for open work permit). On the Account Page, Current Status was showing "Application/Profile Updated".
Today I checked, current status is showing "submitted".

What does it mean? Did some body work on my file?

Full application status: I see there "Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

I submitted my file on March 7, 2021.

Zainabbalogun

May 16, 2020
Hey guys
Applied July 11th
Eligibility review started last week of august ( not sure when)
Ppr request sept 17th
No webform sent
I’m on wp