+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

anna_

Aug 30, 2021
WEIRD SITUATION :-( SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY!

Hi, I have applied for my Spouse's TRV ( extended SOWP valid till Dec end 2021) as she has extended her OWP (with my PGWP). Instead of stamping "W-1 Worker" visa they stamped "V1 Visitor" and they have given the validity until her passport expires which is Jun 2029.

We are planning to apply for CEC next week. Is this stamping ok? Do we need to contact IRCC to change it? Will it affect our PR CEC Application / process?

Can someone please help!!!!
This will not affect your PR CEC application. BTW, where are you located currently? if in India, are you planning to travel now?

anna_

Aug 30, 2021
I applied for TRV on study permit. They stamped the V-1 instead of S-1 until my passport expiry. Not sure why they are issuing V-1 instead of S-1/W-1
hey, did you travel to Canada with v-1 instead of s-1? I have a valid WP but got v-1 stamped. Bit worried about travel via 3rd country.

anna_

Aug 30, 2021
Called IRCC and also asked two immigration consultants. IRCC mentioned, “As far as you have a valid TRV, irrespective of category and valid permit in your hand, you are good to travel”.

Many people in groups on facebook mentioned that they have faced the same issue recently and they travelled without any issues at immigration (no issues in third country also). People who got V-1 stamped, lets be happy that we have got our visa and hope all others waiting get there visa soon. ✌
Hey, are you planning to travel to Canada now?

Studentcbu

Jul 23, 2018
Eligibility review started for 3 weeks. I’m stuck in India for 8 months and my WP expires on march 15, 2022. What should I do to expedite the process?

kar_21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Eligibility review started for 3 weeks. I’m stuck in India for 8 months and my WP expires on march 15, 2022. What should I do to expedite the process?
Withdraw your application and file a new from india. They are processing it with two weeks!