+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

anth2288

Jun 29, 2021
I think how it works is...when you submit an application it gets assigned to an officer regardless of how much back log that officer is having...now you gotta be lucky to have your application to land to a officer with little or less backlog......like every officer must be having its own set of applications.....some officers process their backlog quicker than others......Thats all the logic I could think of behind late processing than others.......I am also waiting since Jan 24th..
yeah probably.. just incredibly frustrating to see Feb/March applicants receiving their PPR when Jan applicants are still waiting

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
yeah probably.. just incredibly frustrating to see Feb/March applicants receiving their PPR when Jan applicants are still waiting
I have cancelled my travel plans three times by now, and yeah this journey has been frustrating....All I ever wished was an accurate processing time so we can schedule our lives...

anth2288

Jun 29, 2021
People who applied in March already got PPR?
no not generally just saw a few cases came up.. prob because of webform (even saw someone apply in May & receive their PPR)
but just unclear how it works - i've submitted the travel webform and a number of regular ones, and nothing

• Sad
Reactions: jacko1995

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
I just got PPR email from IRCC. Does anyone knows steps to send the passport?
Applied Feb 02, 2021 - Inside Canda
Sent one webform - Last Firday inside Canada

Reactions: jacko1995

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
I just got PPR email from IRCC. Does anyone knows steps to send the passport?
Applied Feb 02, 2021 - Inside Canda
Sent one webform - Last Firday inside Canada
Congrats! Was it the normal webform? Did you attach documents?
For the passport submission, you should receive a link in the PPR email with all the information

Dec 2, 2020
Hi,

I am currently on BOWP. I applied for TRV on Feb 21st, 2021 while I was in Canada. I traveled to India in March and then assumed that my TRV will get approved in 72 days and then I will get it stamped in India and fly back to Canada. However, processing times increased to 171 days and my application status is still 'Submitted'.

****My questions:
1. Am I suppose to inform IRCC that I am currently outside Canada?
2. If I inform IRCC, will they transfer my TRV application to Visa office in India, and then would I have to wait for another 171 days?
3. My lease in Canada is expiring in September, if I raise a webform to request IRCC to expedite my application based on this reason along with my job as a secondary reason, will it be sufficient?

@legalfalcon could you advise me, please?

Thanks.

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi,

I am currently on BOWP. I applied for TRV on Feb 21st, 2021 while I was in Canada. I traveled to India in March and then assumed that my TRV will get approved in 72 days and then I will get it stamped in India and fly back to Canada. However, processing times increased to 171 days and my application status is still 'Submitted'.

****My questions:
1. Am I suppose to inform IRCC that I am currently outside Canada?
2. If I inform IRCC, will they transfer my TRV application to Visa office in India, and then would I have to wait for another 171 days?
3. My lease in Canada is expiring in September, if I raise a webform to request IRCC to expedite my application based on this reason along with my job as a secondary reason, will it be sufficient?

@legalfalcon could you advise me, please?

Thanks.
If you are still employed, raise a "travel exemption form" stating you are outside Canada and that you need to return due to work requirements.