TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey All,

I finally got the passport request. I applied while I was inside Canada.

Applied for TRV on : 19 January 2021
Submitted a normal webform on: 29 June 2021
Passport request : 19 July 2021

Hopefully all of you will get soon!

Can someone help me on how can inland applicants (applied within Canada) submit the passport in India (I travelled back due to emergency)...

Reactions: jacko1995

SunainaBanga

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hey All,

I finally got the passport request. I applied while I was inside Canada.

Applied for TRV on : 19 January 2021
Submitted a normal webform on: 29 June 2021
Passport request : 19 July 2021

Hopefully all of you will get soon!

Can someone help me on how can inland applicants (applied within Canada) submit the passport in India (I travelled back due to emergency)...
You need to submit webform on vfs site. You’ll get a payment link. After the payment you’ll get the details for passport submission.

Reactions: @smp

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
I might have got ppr too. Got an email from cic saying "a message about your application is waiting for you". But the cic website seems crashed at this moment and I can't log on.

Update: I've logged in. It is the PPR letter. Finally.

My exhausting timeline (some dates may not be very accurate):

Jan28 application submitted and aor.
Apr4 traveled out of Canada due to family emergency. At that time the processing time showed on cic website was 75 days so I thought I could get it soon.
Apr22 Exceeded the posted processing time. First normal webform sent with all proofs showing travel exemption.
May2 Got reply from cic to confirm info (I had a typo in my first webform)
May 3 submitted a corrected webform. after one week received response acknowledging they've received the docs. then nothing.
May 7 submitted an MP inquiry about my case. Saying that it is in progress.
(Meanwhile the processing time on cic website kept increasing and I was losing hope.)
May 21: figured out there are specific ways to request prioritized processing. Sent email and webform. Got auto reply saying they'll respond in 14 business days.
around Jun 20: 14 business days have passed. No response. And I saw people kept sending the webform/email and got ppr. so I sent the webform/email again.
around end of June: submitted a second MP inquiry. MP's assistant said they've requested expedited processing from their end.
And I sent a third set of webform/emails.

July 14: started to review my app.
July 19: PPR

Last edited:
Reactions: jacko1995