+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Applied December 17th. Still no submission confirmation. However, they replied to my webform confirming that my application is still in process and they will make all necessary effort to finalize my application as soon as possible.

razaabbas101

Sep 9, 2020
Applied December 17th. Still no submission confirmation. However, they replied to my webform confirming that my application is still in process and they will make all necessary effort to finalize my application as soon as possible.
Can you please tell how much time are they taking to reply to a webform?

Sali947

Apr 25, 2019
I just got an update on my application for the biometrics collection. anyone in the same situation? I thought they stopped taking biometrics for applicants in Canada but strangely, I got a request from them today. So they started collecting biometrics now?
IRCC service is just pathetic. As per their website, Biometric Exemption is still on, and you do not need to give biometric if you are in Canada and applied for TRV from within Canada. Here is the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
So I would recommend to call them ASAP. But I am pretty sure, you would not be able to connect to an agent(keep trying). I have tried 50 times in last 1 week, but no representative was available. Just pathetic!

mirsada

Jan 16, 2021
IRCC service is just pathetic. As per their website, Biometric Exemption is still on, and you do not need to give biometric if you are in Canada and applied for TRV from within Canada. Here is the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html
So I would recommend to call them ASAP. But I am pretty sure, you would not be able to connect to an agent(keep trying). I have tried 50 times in last 1 week, but no representative was available. Just pathetic!
I agree with you. We understand this situation with this whole Covid thing, but is very pathetic, they don't give any answer. Even if you call them the answer is the same. '' Your application is in the process''. So, you just have to wait. Irritating.

hamzamunir96

Nov 19, 2020
Update on my recent timeline:

Applied for TRV (study permit extension) on 19th September 2020 from inside Canada.
Received correspondence letter (BVL) on 27 January 2021.

Waiting for final decision and PPR.

Sali947

Apr 25, 2019
I agree with you. We understand this situation with this whole Covid thing, but is very pathetic, they don't give any answer. Even if you call them the answer is the same. '' Your application is in the process''. So, you just have to wait. Irritating.
Any update on your TRV application? I applied on 20 Dec, 2020 and still waiting for a decision. I called IRCC today and after 40 min hold, I heard total BS from the support rep. I was told, "No news is good news". Can you believe this BS! I saw another guy who applied on 21 Dec, 2020 and already got PPR. IRCC is not following any sequence and putting applications in backlog as they wish.
Your response will be appreciated.

mirsada

Jan 16, 2021
Any update on your TRV application? I applied on 20 Dec, 2020 and still waiting for a decision. I called IRCC today and after 40 min hold, I heard total BS from the support rep. I was told, "No news is good news". Can you believe this BS! I saw another guy who applied on 21 Dec, 2020 and already got PPR. IRCC is not following any sequence and putting applications in backlog as they wish.
Your response will be appreciated.
My TRV Timeline
Applied: December 22th
Submission Confirmation: February 1st
Still waiting for my review eligibility to start.
I totally understand your feelings. Tired of these nonsense's, and is very stressful. Having a medical emergency, a need to go back home and they do not respond. Yeah, it is true, there are people who have applied after us and they got their TRV done by now. Did you review eligibility started or still no?

Benjay07

Oct 30, 2020
My TRV Timeline
Applied: December 22th
Submission Confirmation: February 1st
Still waiting for my review eligibility to start.
I totally understand your feelings. Tired of these nonsense's, and is very stressful. Having a medical emergency, a need to go back home and they do not respond. Yeah, it is true, there are people who have applied after us and they got their TRV done by now. Did you review eligibility started or still no?
Some of us applied December 4th and have not still gotten the passport request. This is 2 months later. Unbelievable what IRCC is doing.