+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
If you got the application number on December 09 then it means they received ur application on December 09. Just to confirm, you can call cic.
Yes they received on the same day but yesterday they have updated the status to submitted. I don't understand why they took so long to update the status. I thought the update was PPR.

kkrishnabc

Nov 17, 2019
Hey guys, Has anyone in a similar boat like me:

I applied my TRV visa when I was in Canada on Dec 19, 2020. Since then no update as expected, as we can observe that they are at least taking a month to look at the application. My current application status is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". Meaning they haven't looked at my application at all.

But, unfortunately, I've to make a travel to India because of mother sickness. on Dec 24, 2020. Now, the question is that whether my current TRV application is still valid or need a separate application to be filed in India? I called IRCC couple of weeks back and they said, they may consider the old application since it was filed when I was in Canada but not 100% guaranteed.

I'm now kind of stuck in India so my employer sent out a letter to me stating that my in-person presence is crucial to be functional at the company work, please submit it to the IRCC. Therefore, I did submit a webform on Jan 4 but it appears that webform for the TRV visa application is not being looked at before a month of raising it. So, I'm pretty sure they have not looked at my webform request because no correspondence has been received in spite of 15 days post my submission.

What shall I do in this situation, How can expedite my old application? Please suggest.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Great update!! They have updated TRV processing time to 38 days. Reduced 1 day great analysis by CIC. People are waiting from more than 2 months here and they're saying 38 days. It's really frustrating now!!

Reactions: AlexCosta

Exotic

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
IRCC is taking about 1 month in responding webform Enquiries as well. If not for anybody- atleast my webform confirmation receipt was sent after 1 month

Benjay07

Oct 30, 2020
At this point Alex I think you have to double check whether you applied for a TRV or a visitors record. I made the mistake too. Applied for visitors record but realized and then applied for TRV. Till date I have gotten no update on the visitors record and the TRV is in reviewing eligibility stage. I am in QC

Aldo12512

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
any updates for anyone ??
I sent my Passport and it reached Today !

I seen some people are waiting a month to get there passport back , right ?

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Greetings of the day readers,

I really thank you for your time for reading my post. I need your help suggestions and any information possible that help me in the situation, I have recently submitted my TRV application on December 9, 2020 online in Canada application and since then I am waiting for update from CIC on my TRV application. And now I am in emergency and I required to travel SRILANKA I don’t have a valid travel document TRV on my passport however I got my work permit recently which is valid until November 2021 as I am waiting for my passport request for TRV I am looking to check possibilities that if I can travel to Srilanka and once I get the request can I submit MY passport to Srilankan Canadian embassy OR VFS office for TRV stamping.

Little bit about me I am Indian citizen currently in Canada on the work permit and I have applied my TRVon December 9, 2020 and waiting for TRV sticker , As well I need to travel to Srilanka for emergency reason can I travel there ( Srilanka. ). and is there any possibility that I can submit my passport for TRV request while I am in Srilanka for TRV STICKER

if anybody had any situation similar to this please share your experience thank you
if you need any further information about this post please to send me a message I will get back to you as soon as possible
my humble request to all seniors and mentors to help me

Thank you for your all response in advance I really appreciate it.

BOB56

Jan 21, 2021
Greetings of the day readers,

I really thank you for your time for reading my post. I need your help suggestions and any information possible that help me in the situation, I have recently submitted my TRV application on December 9, 2020 online in Canada application and since then I am waiting for update from CIC on my TRV application. And now I am in emergency and I required to travel SRILANKA I don’t have a valid travel document TRV on my passport however I got my work permit recently which is valid until November 2021 as I am waiting for my passport request for TRV I am looking to check possibilities that if I can travel to Srilanka and once I get the request can I submit MY passport to Srilankan Canadian embassy OR VFS office for TRV stamping.

Little bit about me I am Indian citizen currently in Canada on the work permit and I have applied my TRVon December 9, 2020 and waiting for TRV sticker , As well I need to travel to Srilanka for emergency reason can I travel there ( Srilanka. ). and is there any possibility that I can submit my passport for TRV request while I am in Srilanka for TRV STICKER

if anybody had any situation similar to this please share your experience thank you
if you need any further information about this post please to send me a message I will get back to you as soon as possible
my humble request to all seniors and mentors to help me

Thank you for your all response in advance I really appreciate it.
Hi. I have best suggestions for you. As your permit expires in Nov 2021, i would recommend you apply for new open work permit extension(1.5 year as per new news). So that when you come back you have enough time in canada.

Now about your query
1. You can go to Srilanka as Indian don't need visa to goto Srilanka. From Srilanka you go to India. When you get PPR in Canada, ask them that you travel for emergency to India and you will get new PPR from india and you get TRV stamped from india.
An
If you apply for TRV fresh in india, it will take 8 months as per current processing.
And whwn you are finally back in Canada, you will have new open work permit with 1.5 year extension waiting for you