1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever applied for TRV within Canada but got their passports stamped in their home country?
Can someone please provide any information regarding this. Is this possible?
I did this in 2019 April when things were normal. I applied in Canada and when I got my passport request letter i went back home to India and submitted that to the nearest vfs facility with my passport and got it stamped in 5 days but then vfs was working normally and there was no covid. Possible if you do this now they won't accept. call your home country vfs and ask them.

m_bashir

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
I did this in 2019 April when things were normal. I applied in Canada and when I got my passport request letter i went back home to India and submitted that to the nearest vfs facility with my passport and got it stamped in 5 days but then vfs was working normally and there was no covid. Possible if you do this now they won't accept. call your home country vfs and ask them.
Thankyou for replying! What was the process of submitting passport? Did you mail it or dropped it off at the Vfs facility? Also was there any other step for this?

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Thankyou for replying! What was the process of submitting passport? Did you mail it or dropped it off at the Vfs facility? Also was there any other step for this?
just went there and gave it with the passport request letter.

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Keep checking your cic accounts today and tomorrow
Cic always sent passport requests on Thursday and Friday mostly.
And please update here .

Reactions: inarena31

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
You can definitely get your passport stamped in India, I was in a similar situation and I contacted the Indian Immigration office through DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. their response was "Thank you for your email. Please note that passport can be submitted to any nearest VAC/VFS office worldwide along with copy of passport request letter. Applicant can refer to weblink: www.cic.gc.ca/submitto check for the nearest VAC/VFS office." so as long as your visa is approved and you receive your PPR, you can submit for stamping in any vfs location in India. Hope this helps

I GOT THIS REPLY FROM ANOTHER MEMBER HERE.

Aldo12512

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
I call cic for last 2 days but they don't connect to an agent, it disconnect by saying busy!
is anyone experience the same ???????

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
21Nov Applicant here, stuck for two weeks reviewing eligibility. Any news guys?

yes CIC call center impossible to get a hold on them. NASTY!