1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Hello

Right now i am waiting for my trv to to get processed and once I get it, I want to go back to my home country for a few months to complete some pending work and come back. My question is If i have a valid open work permit ( till 2023) and valid trv, will I be able to get back? I don't have a job. on the website, it states that

As a worker, your travel is non-discretionary if you’re in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets allof the following:
    • has a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific)
    • has a valid job offer
    • can work once you enter Canada and complete your 14-day quarantine (unless you’re exempt)

Really confused. In my case, I have a valid work permit and been in Canada since 2018. so do I qualify? Please let me know your clarification for this statement.

Aldo12512

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hello

Right now i am waiting for my trv to to get processed and once I get it, I want to go back to my home country for a few months to complete some pending work and come back. My question is If i have a valid open work permit ( till 2023) and valid trv, will I be able to get back? I don't have a job. on the website, it states that

As a worker, your travel is non-discretionary if you’re in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets allof the following:
    • has a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific)
    • has a valid job offer
    • can work once you enter Canada and complete your 14-day quarantine (unless you’re exempt)

Really confused. In my case, I have a valid work permit and been in Canada since 2018. so do I qualify? Please let me know your clarification for this statement.
hey my friend have the same situation,
when he come back the immigration ask him for a job offer letter and also for a letter from HR/Company saying that you are essential worker and you have job here when you back from vacation, he doesn't have the 2nd letter so he mail to HR and waited there for around 6 hr to get letter.

Shubham463

Jan 6, 2021
Here is my Timeline Everyone:

TRV Applied: November 17, 2020
Passport Requested: December 16, 2020
Passport Sent: December 18, 2020
Passport Delivered: December 21, 2020
Return Tracking Activated: Still Waiting.........

I have called the IRCC Helpline several times and every time they say "There is no update on your application yet. IRCC is working with reduced capacity and the normal processing of the applications is not possible due to the ongoing Pandemic. You just have to WAIT!!".

The whole system is SLOW. Hope I get my Passport soon.

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
No update
Applied on Nov 24

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
hey my friend have the same situation,
when he come back the immigration ask him for a job offer letter and also for a letter from HR/Company saying that you are essential worker and you have job here when you back from vacation, he doesn't have the 2nd letter so he mail to HR and waited there for around 6 hr to get letter.
but you don't need a job offer if you are returning back and already been in Canada on a work permit. ?

Aldo12512

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
but you don't need a job offer if you are returning back and already been in Canada on a work permit. ?
I don't know about much but for my friend who came on last month 20th, they ask him for the letter form company that he still have job after 14 days isolation.

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
I don't know about much but for my friend who came on last month 20th, they ask him for the letter form company that he still have job after 14 days isolation.
did he apply for his work permit in his home country? and then traveled? or he already had one before?

inarena31

Dec 10, 2020
They have clearly stopped processing of TRVs from after ~20Dec, that is the last update we got in this forum was on 18th Nov application which, too, is stuck. I can attribute it to a couple of reasons:
1. Sluggishness after holidays. Maybe we are just hallucinating.
2. Upfront reduced workforce (due to Ontario lockdown, at least in Ontario.)
3. Orders to suppress TRV approval to deter travel.

I dont know if its good to speculate.
But as my duty and need I will continue to raise web forms, call and email them in coming days. Also might resort to whatever another way there is to track down my application and expedite it.

Meanwhile request everyone here to share the minutest of progress. It keeps the hopes alive.

Reactions: Benjay07

m_bashir

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hey guys,
Has anyone ever applied for TRV within Canada but got their passports stamped in their home country?
Can someone please provide any information regarding this. Is this possible?