+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I have applied 7th of June, and 10 days ago the status changed to "We are processing your background check" since then nothing new. Still waiting.

Jul 16, 2019
I applied for a TRV within Canada on June 19. Got the confirmation of receiving my application on June 20th.
I have not heard back ever since.
I called them twice, specially that now the processing times are updated, all I got back from them is that there is no red flags and I should wait.
It is so frustrating, and they have not even started reviewing my eligibility yet!
My friend applied the same exact day 30 mins earlier than me, and he got invited to send his passport in less than a week.
Anyone in the same boat? what do you think?
I'm on the same boat as you. I applied online and got confirmation on June 2nd, and no update since then. I've called/emailed them twice as well, the response was pretty general, just said it's still under process.
I guess prob they are doing the background check, but no idea how long it would last. :/

hazelmoon0309

Jul 14, 2019
heylo everyone

My TRV timelines:

Applied : July 3rd
PP request: July 5th
PP Sent: July 5th
PP Delivered: July 8th
Approved: July 12th

PP Return: Waiting for the tracker to get activated..
Can I ask whether you have got your passport yet or not??? Because my passport is approved today but I have to come back to my country on Monday. Im scared maybe it gonna be delayed

AM1995

Jul 15, 2019
I'm on the same boat as you. I applied online and got confirmation on June 2nd, and no update since then. I've called/emailed them twice as well, the response was pretty general, just said it's still under process.
I guess prob they are doing the background check, but no idea how long it would last. :/
Woah!! May I ask which country are you from?

vj_viju

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
WhiteHorse/Calgary
App. Filed.......
06-05-2021
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Request
18-08-2022
Med's Done....
06-09-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2022
LANDED..........
09-10-2022
Updating My TRV within Canada TimeLines

Applied : July 3rd
Application received confirmation: July 4th
PP request: July 5th
PP Sent: July 5th
PP Delivered: July 8th
Approved: July 12th
Passport returned: July 18

Reactions: vindin

vj_viju

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
WhiteHorse/Calgary
App. Filed.......
06-05-2021
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Request
18-08-2022
Med's Done....
06-09-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2022
LANDED..........
09-10-2022
Can I ask whether you have got your passport yet or not??? Because my passport is approved today but I have to come back to my country on Monday. Im scared maybe it gonna be delayed
I've got my passport back today that is after 6days after my final application approval.. You might get your passport at any time next week or last week of July.

**What I see from observed timelines in this forum, passport is been sent the week after final application approval.

Last edited:

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Could some one write address where I should send my passport in Ottawa? May I send two passports (my and my wife's) in the same envelope or should I use separate envelopes for each passport? Thank you!

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Could some one write address where I should send my passport in Ottawa? May I send two passports (my and my wife's) in the same envelope or should I use separate envelopes for each passport? Thank you!

Here’s the link from the official website, choose Canada and follow the instructions

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#C

Regarding the envelopes, if you and your wife applied through two separate application, each one of you will be processed separately so you will need two separate envelopes which means 4 in total

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Application approved on Friday but the mail tracker isn’t activated yet. How much time does it usually take for the passport to be dispatched after approval ?

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Hi everybody, I have a question maybe someone could help me. So I applied this year for my parents PGP, already sent the application and waiting to hear from them. My father’s visitor visa will expired March next year. He supposed to go back home on December when is the 6 months that he supposed to be here. If he goes back home in December, I’m afraid they won’t let him comeback since his visa will expire in short amount of time. And if he can’t enter the country, I will need to do his application for a new visitors visa from Cuba, and he will need biometrics which they are not being done in Cuba, he will have to travel to Mexico. And that takes a lot of time to get a visa to Mexico and so on. My question is, can we apply for a new visitors visa from inside Canada before his visa expires?? Sorry, I forgot to mention his passport will expire same time as his visa, but I will get his passport done before I apply for his visa at the Cuban embassy here in Canada.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Hi everybody, I have a question maybe someone could help me. So I applied this year for my parents PGP, already sent the application and waiting to hear from them. My father’s visitor visa will expired March next year. He supposed to go back home on December when is the 6 months that he supposed to be here. If he goes back home in December, I’m afraid they won’t let him comeback since his visa will expire in short amount of time. And if he can’t enter the country, I will need to do his application for a new visitors visa from Cuba, and he will need biometrics which they are not being done in Cuba, he will have to travel to Mexico. And that takes a lot of time to get a visa to Mexico and so on. My question is, can we apply for a new visitors visa from inside Canada before his visa expires?? Sorry, I forgot to mention his passport will expire same time as his visa, but I will get his passport done before I apply for his visa at the Cuban embassy here in Canada.
Unfortunately You can’t apply for him from inside Canada, only workers and students are allowed to apply from inside Canada other than that he would have to leave and Rnew his visa from his home country. Another thing you should keep in mind is it might be hard to get a new visa with a PGP is in process but it’s better to check that in the family class forum.