+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
I called them through 1-888-242-2100, use 3-4-1-0 as the combination. It is kind of wired this time. Because last time it only took 2 weeks for me to receive the PPR. Hoping everything goes well for your APP!
Yeah thanks! I’m hoping to get the PPR early next week. I don’t think the finalization would take long

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello everyone!
After getting the whole city worried about my visa I finally have something good to share

I applied for a TRV inside Canada after getting my open work permit on August 10
On October 30 I got an update asking for my medicals ( weird I know)
November 23 I got the passport request finally.

Yaroslav22

Nov 24, 2018
Hello everyone!

What is the current approximate stamping time for TRV within Canada? Hopefully it's not exceeding 3 weeks...

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
Hello everyone!
After getting the whole city worried about my visa I finally have something good to share

I applied for a TRV inside Canada after getting my open work permit on August 10

CONGRATULATIONS! I know you've been waiting for a while :)

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Hello everyone!

What is the current approximate stamping time for TRV within Canada? Hopefully it's not exceeding 3 weeks...
Nope, max I've heard is 2 weeks to send passport and get it back within Canada. Also right now cic wouldn't want to delay stamping past the holidays and would likely try to get passports out as soon as they can

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hello everyone!

Many many congratulations @snehavyas!!! Happy for you! :)

Ana123456

Oct 12, 2018
Hello everyone!

Congratulations @snehavyas !!

Reactions: snehavyas

Ana123456

Oct 12, 2018
My Timeline.

Applied for TRV on Oct 23rd 2018. (paper application)
Application reached Ottawa on Oct 25

Review of eligibility started Nov 16th
Approval Nov 19th
Received Passport Back Nov 22nd

Hope it Helps!

Good Luck everyone

Reactions: Yaha14

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hello everyone!

Congratulations @snehavyas , I know it's been a long wait.. wish you the best and I hope you will receive the passport back quickly

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for a trv from inside canada after extending my study permit, and this was my time line:

Applied on August 20, 2018
Review of eligibility started 1 or 2 days after
Received no updates or messages at all for a month and half, then I called CIC and they said it's normal and that I should give it 2 more weeks max. I did so, then called again and they sent an e-mail to Ottawa.. I received a reply from Ottawa a day after that my application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer.
On October 23, I found an application/profile update without receiving any e-mails saying that they are processing my background check! before that the status of BG was not applicable..
On Nov 1, I got a request letter "additional document required", they sent me a form to fill and send it back to them..
On Nov 26, 2018, I got original passport request.. I hope this time line helps anybody.

For your information, the day I applied, the average processing time online was 5 days and it's still almost the same now (6 days). I know many friends got approved in less than 5 days and they applied 1 or 2 months after me. Many people said I have done something wrong in my application, and that I should withdraw and re-submit it, but I was quite confident about the application. My conclusion is: you either get your passport request maximum a week or 10 days after your submission, or it will take sometimes longer for BG check (I believe this is a purely random selection!). If they need anything else from you they will contact you and ask for it (as happened to me), if no they gonna send to you the passport request directly, so it may take 2-3.5 months instead of 5 days! Don't plan any travels or purchase a ticket at least 4 months after you apply for the visa!

Last edited:

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Anyone using Canada Post to send passports via express post? I got my ppr but I’m thinking of using UPS with enclosed Canada Post Xpress post for return of passport. I just want the mail delay to be from one side only(Canada post). Any thoughts ?

Reactions: jeremyxia

Zeeali0915

Nov 22, 2018
Anyone sent passport for stamping? I sent mine today through UPS Express with a Canada Post Xpress prepaid envelope enclosed for return. Would like to know the timing

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Anyone sent passport for stamping? I sent mine today through UPS Express with a Canada Post Xpress prepaid envelope enclosed for return. Would like to know the timing
Hey Zeeali,
I sent my passport the same way you did. I prepaid for an express post and used UPS to send my passport.

last update i have is that my passport is in ottawa. I will post if i have any more updates

Reactions: Zeeali0915

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for a trv from inside canada after extending my study permit, and this was my time line:

Applied on August 20, 2018
Review of eligibility started 1 or 2 days after
Received no updates or messages at all for a month and half, then I called CIC and they said it's normal and that I should give it 2 more weeks max. I did so, then called again and they sent an e-mail to Ottawa.. I received a reply from Ottawa a day after that my application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer.
On October 23, I found an application/profile update without receiving any e-mails saying that they are processing my background check! before that the status of BG was not applicable..
On Nov 1, I got a request letter "additional document required", they sent me a form to fill and send it back to them..
On Nov 26, 2018, I got original passport request.. I hope this time line helps anybody.

For your information, the day I applied, the average processing time online was 5 days and it's still almost the same now (6 days). I know many friends got approved in less than 5 days and they applied 1 or 2 months after me. Many people said I have done something wrong in my application, and that I should withdraw and re-submit it, but I was quite confident about the application. My conclusion is: you either get your passport request maximum a week or 10 days after your submission, or it will take sometimes longer for BG check (I believe this is a purely random selection!). If they need anything else from you they will contact you and ask for it (as happened to me), if no they gonna send to you the passport request directly, so it may take 2-3.5 months instead of 5 days! Don't plan any travels or purchase a ticket at least 4 months after you apply for the visa!
Congratulations @AHHABB !! You have been waiting for a long time too!!
I'm glad you finally got the visa approved.
I am sorry for a late post