+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
@snehavyas Hi Sneha, I wihdrawn my file on Nov 9 and submitted a new one on Nov 11 and I got the passport request today.
It's possible you made some mistakes on your file which is why they put that file into security screening and takes time.

I wish you receive your passport request soon.

Thanks for all the motivation :)
What revision did you make for the new submission?

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Congrats to all who got there passport requests. I finally got mine today as well. I applied on 17 October. Looks like they have finally started clearing the back log.

One question though, how are you guys sending you passports, through Canada Post? With the strikes going on, do we have any other options who has express return service as well?

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
A advice to all others.. If a month has passed n there is no update on your file, send the e-mail directly to the immigration officers (given below) n explain your case. It may have worked for me.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
@snehavyas Hi Sneha, I wihdrawn my file on Nov 9 and submitted a new one on Nov 11 and I got the passport request today.
It's possible you made some mistakes on your file which is why they put that file into security screening and takes time.

I wish you receive your passport request soon.

Thanks for all the motivation :)
Hello @AspiringCanadian29, many many congratulations!! :) Can you please let me know what changes did you make?
I also applied in September and have not heard anything yet from CIC. :(

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Yes, I did. They said that the background check already launch just after my submission and have not yet come back. That may delay my application.
Hey,
I know how you feel : (
all we gotta do is wait. Even if it takes 6 Months ( in my case)

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hello @AspiringCanadian29, many many congratulations!! :) Can you please let me know what changes did you make?
I also applied in September and have not heard anything yet from CIC. :(
But i guess the background check doesn't take long once started. Your should get your passport request asap may be by next week maximum.

r_pk

Nov 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

Really need your help and advice. I need to apply TRV, i currently have my closed work permit.
After reading all of your conversation here, I understand that the correct form is IMM5257 and it doesn’t matter if it also said from Outside canada? Because i’m currentlg live inside Canada.

After I received my TRV, is it possible to send my passport to VAS outside canada and get my TRV there? Because I have travel plan in December. And since there are so many strikes with canada post, I’m not sure that I will have it in time.

Thank you!

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Hi everyone,

Really need your help and advice. I need to apply TRV, i currently have my closed work permit.
After reading all of your conversation here, I understand that the correct form is IMM5257 and it doesn’t matter if it also said from Outside canada? Because i’m currentlg live inside Canada.

After I received my TRV, is it possible to send my passport to VAS outside canada and get my TRV there? Because I have travel plan in December. And since there are so many strikes with canada post, I’m not sure that I will have it in time.

Thank you!
Yes IMM5257 is the correct form.
In normal circumstances it is not allowed to get your passport stamped elsewhere. However as someone mentioned here earlier, they do allow it for exceptional case. You must e-mail them to know about your case.

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Congrats to all who got there passport requests. I finally got mine today as well. I applied on 17 October. Looks like they have finally started clearing the back log.

One question though, how are you guys sending you passports, through Canada Post? With the strikes going on, do we have any other options who has express return service as well?
Congratulations for PPR, could you please confirm at what time did you receive it?

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Hello, does anybody know whether I can stay while I am waiting on the decision on my visitor visa application? I am applying within Canada and in short, my work permit is expiring pretty soon :D

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
Hello, does anybody know whether I can stay while I am waiting on the decision on my visitor visa application? I am applying within Canada and in short, my work permit is expiring pretty soon :D
I think it is better to call IRCC or email them. Their answer is the official one.

densantos

Nov 9, 2017
Applied for Temporary Resident Visa within Canada on November 3rd.
Received the passport request today, November 22nd.

A few notes that I'd like to know before, so I wouldn't worry like I did:

- The right application form is IMM5257, even though it is says "From Outside Canada".
- The website says 5 days processing time for online applications, but that's inaccurate.
- I also sent an email asking for an update on my application to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca yesterday, and today got the passport request, but I am not sure if I received the passport because of the email, as no one replied to my email.

Regards,
Good luck for all for you!

ssalehan

Nov 22, 2018
Hey guys!

I made the silly mistake of applying late and my ticket is booked for Dec 25. I submitted my application on Nov 8 and it said READ the very next day I think. I haven't heard back yet and I'm so worried. My ticket cost so much and I'm freaking out. Thanks to this forum, at least I have someone to talk to. :(

Last edited: