+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

mrs.majid

Dec 5, 2015
Hi!
I have a question i hope somebody here can help. So i applied my first trv on 24 oct along with my husband and after using web inquiry form we got to know we submitted the wrong form. So we submitted the correct one using the same web form.
I have travel plans also so i tried calling them and the lady told me your form is still incorrect which made me withdraw my application and then i applied again on 15 nov and still hoping for the best as i have a flight to catch on 21 nov.

My super main question is that somebody told me i can still travel as planned, once i get a confirmation letter i can take that approval letter to nearest VAC office with my passport and get it stamped from there. But i want to sure before taking that risk. The guy who told this has himself done this in past but with time they change policies so i am confused what to do.

There's another thing which i am worried about when i withdrew my previous application i i did get any confirmation of that and i am afraid if both the applications are in the system. Its really annoying. Will they consider both or what else could be the possibility?

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018
Hi!
I have a question i hope somebody here can help. So i applied my first trv on 24 oct along with my husband and after using web inquiry form we got to know we submitted the wrong form. So we submitted the correct one using the same web form.
I have travel plans also so i tried calling them and the lady told me your form is still incorrect which made me withdraw my application and then i applied again on 15 nov and still hoping for the best as i have a flight to catch on 21 nov.

My super main question is that somebody told me i can still travel as planned, once i get a confirmation letter i can take that approval letter to nearest VAC office with my passport and get it stamped from there. But i want to sure before taking that risk. The guy who told this has himself done this in past but with time they change policies so i am confused what to do.

There's another thing which i am worried about when i withdrew my previous application i i did get any confirmation of that and i am afraid if both the applications are in the system. Its really annoying. Will they consider both or what else could be the possibility?
If that's true (that you can get visa stamped from whichever VAC as long as you have the approval letter), that'd be amazing and actually so convenient and finally one good/right thing that CIC would do.

I'd really suggest starting a new thread for this question as it's unlikely this will get a lot of engagement in an old thread. Could you please send me the link to your thread once you create it too?

I'm planning to travel as well and dont think I'll get my visa before I do, so this info could be a lifesaver.

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018
Hey,

I read your post and i thought of the exact same thing. Going back home and applying from back home because there is no good reason to wait for a visa here. I applied on August 10 ( inside Canada) and so far they just asked me for my medicals.
I got the whole town worried about me getting my visa.

Its weird how they said that you are within the normal time frame. Did they say a reason as to why its taking longer? I feel you. i wish you good luck on waiting. I hope you get your visa approved well before November 30 cuz you need time for them to mail your passport back.

Oh and one more thing, when they asked for my medicals i submitted them on November 2 and just because i couldn't wait any longer- i called the CIC on November 14 to know how much more long it might take after the medicals- the CIC agent told me that they did not even receive my medicals yet and that it might take about 3 months for them to receive any documents i upload. Jokes on me.

There is no standard way for any thing. CIC agents give a time frame of about 3 months for any thing i ask them.
Frustrated.
Thanks for your kind words, but I've completely lost hope on getting my passport stamped before I fly out. Even if they approve it at this point, I'm too late to send it to them and wait for them to return it before 30th Nov. I'm so frustrated they're still following these ancient processes of mailing things and whatnot in the day and age of eVisas.

And they said I'm within normal time frame cuz if I check processing times on CIC website, it says working on apps submitted on Oct 22 (I submitted on Oct 26), which they quote to me, ignoring the fact that it says last updated on Nov 4 when it's supposed to be updated weekly! And the processing time still says "5 days". Smh!

Sabeeh19

Oct 4, 2014
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
08-Nov-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-Nov-2014(Passed)
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2014
Hi!

Hi I guess the option could be used to travel while application is in progress and then when we get the passport request then we can get VO changed to the place we are visiting, we can get it stamped there. If its workable i guess will be a relief by not waiting and going ahead with our planned visits. I have heard people switching the VO for PR applications but can we do it with TRV as well, thats what I am confused about.

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
Hi guys! I got my extended study permit on SEP 24th and on the same day I applied my TRV and still no response from CIC. No request of passport it's been one month and maybe 16 days
How is your application right now? Is there any update? I submitted my TRV application on Oct 10 inside Canada, still no updates until now.

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
;)
Hey,

I read your post and i thought of the exact same thing. Going back home and applying from back home because there is no good reason to wait for a visa here. I applied on August 10 ( inside Canada) and so far they just asked me for my medicals.
I got the whole town worried about me getting my visa.

Its weird how they said that you are within the normal time frame. Did they say a reason as to why its taking longer? I feel you. i wish you good luck on waiting. I hope you get your visa approved well before November 30 cuz you need time for them to mail your passport back.

Oh and one more thing, when they asked for my medicals i submitted them on November 2 and just because i couldn't wait any longer- i called the CIC on November 14 to know how much more long it might take after the medicals- the CIC agent told me that they did not even receive my medicals yet and that it might take about 3 months for them to receive any documents i upload. Jokes on me.

There is no standard way for any thing. CIC agents give a time frame of about 3 months for any thing i ask them.
Frustrated.
Is there updates for your application? I submitted my APP on Oct 10. Still no updates until now. Totally understood your situation.

etheriel

Oct 6, 2018
I FINALLY got the request for my passport today (Nov 19). I submitted my app on Oct 26.

Full-disclosure, in an effort to speed up the process, I submitted the application with the electronic approval for my extended work permit that got approved on like Oct 25 or so, since I was traveling soon and wanted to get the TRV as soon as possible and didn't want to wait a week or so that it takes for the work permit to be received in the mail (Can't believe CIC can't even use a faster mailing option for sensitive documents but oh well, this is immigrant life I guess).

Now the issue is... I don't think I have enough time to send them my passport and receive it before Nov 30 (I've heard they can take up to 3 weeks?!).

So if anyone could PLEASE tell me if it's possible to have the passport stamped by another VO than the one you applied, that'd be great.

Also, thanks for your support everyone and trust me, I feel your pain and desperation. What I've learned is honestly that there's no method to this madness (and even if there is, we can't figure it out). This is not really "advice" but just a tip: you literally just have to wait it out and make the best decision for yourself given the situation. No way to speed this up. It's sucky and unfair but it is what it is.

Hope ALL of you get your visas asap as well! <3

Reactions: snehavyas

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
I FINALLY got the request for my passport today (Nov 19). I submitted my app on Oct 26.

Full-disclosure, in an effort to speed up the process, I submitted the application with the electronic approval for my extended work permit that got approved on like Oct 25 or so, since I was traveling soon and wanted to get the TRV as soon as possible and didn't want to wait a week or so that it takes for the work permit to be received in the mail (Can't believe CIC can't even use a faster mailing option for sensitive documents but oh well, this is immigrant life I guess).

Now the issue is... I don't think I have enough time to send them my passport and receive it before Nov 30 (I've heard they can take up to 3 weeks?!).

So if anyone could PLEASE tell me if it's possible to have the passport stamped by another VO than the one you applied, that'd be great.

Also, thanks for your support everyone and trust me, I feel your pain and desperation. What I've learned is honestly that there's no method to this madness (and even if there is, we can't figure it out). This is not really "advice" but just a tip: you literally just have to wait it out and make the best decision for yourself given the situation. No way to speed this up. It's sucky and unfair but it is what it is.

Cons~ Hoping I will get my APP approved this week~ God bless~

mrs.majid

Dec 5, 2015
Thanks for your kind words, but I've completely lost hope on getting my passport stamped before I fly out. Even if they approve it at this point, I'm too late to send it to them and wait for them to return it before 30th Nov. I'm so frustrated they're still following these ancient processes of mailing things and whatnot in the day and age of eVisas.

And they said I'm within normal time frame cuz if I check processing times on CIC website, it says working on apps submitted on Oct 22 (I submitted on Oct 26), which they quote to me, ignoring the fact that it says last updated on Nov 4 when it's supposed to be updated weekly! And the processing time still says "5 days". Smh!

Thats a great news, i heard they sometimes expedite the process of stamping at ottawa office and there's a good news as well i mailed at CPC ottawa office to get the confirmation if i can submit my passport for stamping outside Canada and they said yes. I am quoting there reply as well. I hope this will help you alot.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa

Dear Rida,

Please note that your application is in process. If you are in possession of your passport, you may travel outside of Canada. Please be advised that if your application is approved, you may submit your documents to a visa office abroad for processing. Please bear in mind, it will be your responsibility to contact that particular office regarding processing times. If your application is still in process or your application is refused, you will not be able to return to Canada without a valid TRV. Be advised that our office is unable to expedite processing unless there is proof of an emergency such as death or illness.

Regards,

Olivia
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Reactions: etheriel

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018

Congratulations!
Good luck : )

Reactions: etheriel

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
How is your application right now? Is there any update? I submitted my TRV application on Oct 10 inside Canada, still no updates until now.
I have no updates : (
I will post if i have any updates.
Did you contact CIC? What did they have to say about your application? please post any updates you get, it'd be a great gelp

AspiringCanadian29

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
@snehavyas Hi Sneha, I wihdrawn my file on Nov 9 and submitted a new one on Nov 11 and I got the passport request today.
It's possible you made some mistakes on your file which is why they put that file into security screening and takes time.

I wish you receive your passport request soon.

Thanks for all the motivation :)

Reactions: snehavyas

snehavyas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
@snehavyas Hi Sneha, I wihdrawn my file on Nov 9 and submitted a new one on Nov 11 and I got the passport request today.
It's possible you made some mistakes on your file which is why they put that file into security screening and takes time.

I wish you receive your passport request soon.

Thanks for all the motivation :)
WOW!! Congratulations!!
I am not sure if i did any mistake on my application.
i am so frustrated idk what to do. I just submitted my medicals

zlsun

Nov 19, 2018
I have no updates : (
I will post if i have any updates.
Did you contact CIC? What did they have to say about your application? please post any updates you get, it'd be a great gelp
Yes, I did. They said that the background check already launch just after my submission and have not yet come back. That may delay my application.