+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

T-Thu

Jul 28, 2022
Thanks for responding. I do understand but I mean technically I do have a valid work permit until July. I am waiting on the extension due to passport expiry so can I not apply considering I have a valid permit?
if your work permit is valid till July, they will issue the TRV till july . Beside it
is it possible to be refused a Trv if you have a valid study permit/ work permit?
In most cases, if your work or study permit is valid, it won't be refused.

Reactions: Jaybee007

chayanne

Feb 25, 2023
But the temporary visa is separate from the permit though. I thought the permit only allowed you to apply within Canada but the visa should be issued as per the length of the passport. I'm hesitant to apply and then have to reapply. Can I contact IRCC agent to ask or something?

T-Thu

Jul 28, 2022
But the temporary visa is separate from the permit though. I thought the permit only allowed you to apply within Canada but the visa should be issued as per the length of the passport. I'm hesitant to apply and then have to reapply. Can I contact IRCC agent to ask or something?
Based on my experience, last year, before I renewed my passport and PGWP, I applied TRV. They issued TRV till my PGWP expiry date, which is till Oct.
Then I renewed my passport and applied for the new PGWP. I got my new PGWP till 2025. So I reapplied TRV again on 22 feb 2023. Still waiting for their reply.

Sk.11

Feb 28, 2023
Hello. Does anyone who got their counterfoil updated on 6th of March received their passports back?

chayanne

Feb 25, 2023
Based on my experience, last year, before I renewed my passport and PGWP, I applied TRV. They issued TRV till my PGWP expiry date, which is till Oct.
Then I renewed my passport and applied for the new PGWP. I got my new PGWP till 2025. So I reapplied TRV again on 22 feb 2023. Still waiting for their reply.
[/QUOTE
]
Okay makes sense. Thank you. I'll most likely keep waiting.

Reactions: T-Thu

BS007

Oct 28, 2021
Application submitted - 4 Feb 2023
Passport request- 24 Feb 2023
Passport received by ircc- 1 March 2023
Counterfoil generated- 9 March 2023

singh2493

Aug 27, 2019
Application submitted- 29 January
Ppr recieved - 24 February
Passport delivered at ottawa- 1 march