+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

UserRZ

Sep 14, 2020
Anyone applied for TRV from inside Canada with PGWP recently? I got my counterfoil updated today stating approved but expiry in October 2023. It didn’t even cover my PGWP time (expiry in Dec 2023), let alone many people got 10-year TRV. Anyone know what’s wrong?

Lyn50

Mar 3, 2023
Anyone applied for TRV from inside Canada with PGWP recently? I got my counterfoil updated today stating approved but expiry in October 2023. It didn’t even cover my PGWP time (expiry in Dec 2023), let alone many people got 10-year TRV. Anyone know what’s wrong?
Hi can you please share your timeline?

msb678

Feb 24, 2023
Sure
2023.01.28 Submit
2023.02.24 OPR
2023.02.27 Delivered to Ottawa
2023.03.06 Counterfoil update
Hi,
I also have same timeline, applied on Jan 18 and got PPR on Feb 24 and sent the passport to Ottawa Canada post address.
May I know how will we come to know about couterfoil update ?, Will it be via GC key/email/sms and another question is what will happen after couterfoil is generated, will the return canada post tracker id activated or something else will happen.

Thanks in advance.

jsr_1234

Mar 24, 2022
Hi,
I also have same timeline, applied on Jan 18 and got PPR on Feb 24 and sent the passport to Ottawa Canada post address.
May I know how will we come to know about couterfoil update ?, Will it be via GC key/email/sms and another question is what will happen after couterfoil is generated, will the return canada post tracker id activated or something else will happen.

Thanks in advance.
I received an counterfoil update today(Mar 7). My timeline
TRV request Submitted - Jan 24
PPR - Feb 24
Passport received by IRCC - Feb 27
You will receive counterfoil update in your GC Key login automatically when the visa is stamped, and the status will also change to Approved from "Submitted". Hope this helps!

Reactions: msb678

msb678

Feb 24, 2023
I received an counterfoil update today(Mar 7). My timeline
TRV request Submitted - Jan 24
PPR - Feb 24
Passport received by IRCC - Feb 27
You will receive counterfoil update in your GC Key login automatically when the visa is stamped, and the status will also change to Approved from "Submitted". Hope this helps!
Thanks very much for the detailed explanation, yes, its useful information for me.

Jaybee007

Aug 17, 2019
I got the letter from IRCC today, I applied for trv on the 22nd of December 2022.i had to call yesterday.

This is in reference to your online application for a temporary resident visa.
Please be advised that your application is still in progress and you will be notified via your MyCIC account when a final decision has been made.
For general questions and to check the status of your application, please use the following online available to you on IRCC website:

Lyn50

Mar 3, 2023
Processing time just changed from 13 days to 12 days but it looks like not many people get it within this time. So why do they not show the actual processing time?

Reactions: T-Thu

chayanne

Feb 25, 2023
Hi all

This seems to be a long post so maybe my question has been answered but just wondering what's my best course of action with applying here. I had originally submitted my PGWP extension application Jan 23rd (my current PGWP expires July 4th). I was only able to link my application a few days ago but no updates yet. I do have to travel July 29th and need a visa (as my current visa expired with my previous permit July 31st last year). I awaited renewing my new passport before applying for the new visa and this was only this year. I am looking to apply asap however I if I currently have an application processing, but I also already have an approved work permit, is it an issue if I apply for the TRV before getting approval of the new work permit? I was wondering if maybe I can do this and also submit a client information letter explaining my situation with the existing application, and the recently submitted application. Hope someone can help.

chayanne

Feb 25, 2023
Hi all

This seems to be a long post so maybe my question has been answered but just wondering what's my best course of action with applying here. I had originally submitted my PGWP extension application Jan 23rd (my current PGWP expires July 4th). I was only able to link my application a few days ago but no updates yet. I do have to travel July 29th and need a visa (as my current visa expired with my previous permit July 31st last year). I awaited renewing my new passport before applying for the new visa and this was only this year. I am looking to apply asap however I if I currently have an application processing, but I also already have an approved work permit, is it an issue if I apply for the TRV before getting approval of the new work permit? I was wondering if maybe I can do this and also submit a client information letter explaining my situation with the existing application, and the recently submitted application. Hope someone can help.
Also my original plan was to wait for my new permit to process however I am running out of time to apply for the TRV in time for it to be approved for travel which is why I want to go ahead and apply with the existing permit and explain that I have an application in processing. Does it matter too much?

T-Thu

Jul 28, 2022
Also my original plan was to wait for my new permit to process however I am running out of time to apply for the TRV in time for it to be approved for travel which is why I want to go ahead and apply with the existing permit and explain that I have an application in processing. Does it matter too much?
I think for your case, u better apply when you receive your new work permit. IRCC stated that only valid work and study permit holders can apply for the TRV inside Canada. I was also in your situation. I waited till I got my PGWP. If they found your application is not complete they would deny your application.
In my opinion, you should wait till you got your valid work permit.

chayanne

Feb 25, 2023
I think for your case, u better apply when you receive your new work permit. IRCC stated that only valid work and study permit holders can apply for the TRV inside Canada. I was also in your situation. I waited till I got my PGWP. If they found your application is not complete they would deny your application.
In my opinion, you should wait till you got your valid work permit.
Thanks for responding. I do understand but I mean technically I do have a valid work permit until July. I am waiting on the extension due to passport expiry so can I not apply considering I have a valid permit?