TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
As I thought, my passport is delayed in ON. Hopefully I get it this week.
Hi you were talking about some information letter? I received one today too. But I think u received it after ppr. I received today after my passport reached them around a week ago. Counterfoil is still not generated though and last time when I spoke with an agent a few days back they said that they haven't updated receipt of passport yet. But she would make a note about it.

"Thank you for contacting our office. Please note that your application is currently under review and no further action is required by you at this time. Unfortunately nothing can be done to your request to expedite the application and there is no guarantee of time when the application will be finalized. We thank you for your patience. Thank you for the interest you have shown toward Canada." <=== does this information letter has any significance? Is there any sort of concern or what?

tiffytaff78

Dec 23, 2022
Hi you were talking about some information letter? I received one today too. But I think u received it after ppr. I received today after my passport reached them around a week ago. Counterfoil is still not generated though and last time when I spoke with an agent a few days back they said that they haven't updated receipt of passport yet. But she would make a note about it.

"Thank you for contacting our office. Please note that your application is currently under review and no further action is required by you at this time. Unfortunately nothing can be done to your request to expedite the application and there is no guarantee of time when the application will be finalized. We thank you for your patience. Thank you for the interest you have shown toward Canada." <=== does this information letter has any significance? Is there any sort of concern or what?
My information letter was just telling me the visa was approved and that I’ll be advised when to send my passport.

I don’t think you should be concerned. Based on everything I think they approved a bunch of PGWPs right before the holidays and so they are having an influx of TRV applications. Therefore they are trying to stagger the processing of the TRVs to avoid a bigger backlog.

tiffytaff78

Dec 23, 2022
Final Update:

Application submitted - Dec 24
Info letter stating approval - Jan 12
PPR - Jan 20
Passport received by IRCC - Jan 24
Counterfoil printed - Feb 15
Passport shipped to me via FedEx - Feb 17

And finally!!

Passport received - Feb 22

Almost 2 months from start to finish.

• Love
Reactions: maxiie and nmp98

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Final Update:

PPR - Jan 20

And finally!!

congrats dude

Chelsea24

Dec 3, 2022
Hello Everyone I have a question. I just got my open work permit. But I am planning to get a TRV since I want to go back home for vacation. I checked the process of applying for TRV is that really mandatory to have 10,000 CAD dollars in my own bank account? Even though I am on a working permit now thought 10,000 show money is for students only. Thank you so much.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hello Everyone I have a question. I just got my open work permit. But I am planning to get a TRV since I want to go back home for vacation. I checked the process of applying for TRV is that really mandatory to have 10,000 CAD dollars in my own bank account? Even though I am on a working permit now thought 10,000 show money is for students only. Thank you so much.
don't worry, just upload whatever you have as your bank statement of last 4 years plus your pay slips plus any other sort of savings or income. It won't matter much as you're already present in Canada. It's more of a formality for applicants inside Canada to show that they can afford their expenses

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Final Update:

PPR - Jan 20

And finally!!

It's been 9-10 days since they received my passport and 8 business days. Still counterfoil isn't generated. Also last time when I spoke to agent, Ottawa office had not even updated that they received it despite tracking id saying it was delivered and signed. Very frustrated with this IRCC. I can't understand why you keep pushing things for so long when all you have to do is put a bloody stamp. All process is already completed just bloody stamp and ship it back smh