+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Should've Googled it first :D
Thanks!
If you're sending through Canada post, make sure you write PO box 9640 (K1G 6T2) address. I wrote the other one and still my envelope was delivered to K1G location. I was very stressed until my counterfoil generated as K1G location is a huge facility, and what if they deliver your envelope to a wrong PO BOX/address. Also, make sure to send both envelopes with signature required option.

Reactions: andrews17

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Can someone help me apply TRV with spouse after pgwp? When I add my spouse in the application (he has a valid work permit extended based on my pgwp) it asks me what does he want to do in canada. Should I say extend stay as a visitor because i don’t want to extend his open work permit?

M V Arun

Feb 19, 2022
Can someone help me apply TRV with spouse after pgwp? When I add my spouse in the application (he has a valid work permit extended based on my pgwp) it asks me what does he want to do in canada. Should I say extend stay as a visitor because i don’t want to extend his open work permit?
You will need to apply separately using 2 different accounts

Rayfah

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
I won't recommend you to apply TRV before getting your pgwp as you need to provide proof of your SP/PGWP approval letter/permit with the application if you're applying TRV on the basis of your PGWP. Also, you get V-1(visa till expiration of your passport) category TRV under this criteria only. Wait for your approval letter. You can apply with your approval letter, no need to wait for physical copy.

Also,this may delay your pgwp application.
You will need to apply separately using 2 different accounts
so a separate account for my child also?

ali9797

May 14, 2021
Applied Oct 1
Eligibility review around Nov 1
PPR Nov 18

Can I mail my passport and get it back using UPS or Purolator prepaid envelopes? Did anybody use a private courier, and received the passport?

I want to minimize the risk of losing my passport as if it happens it can badly affect my life. Any advice or experience would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

ali9797

May 14, 2021
Applied Oct 1
Eligibility review around Nov 1
PPR Nov 18

Can I mail my passport and get it back using UPS or Purolator prepaid envelopes? Did anybody use a private courier, and received the passport?

I want to minimize the risk of losing my passport as if it happens it can badly affect my life. Any advice or experience would be much appreciated.
Guys, sorry it's kind of urgent for me. Can you kindly please help me if you know or heard something?
Thank you so much

anncherie1229

Oct 16, 2022
Guys, sorry it's kind of urgent for me. Can you kindly please help me if you know or heard something?
Thank you so much
Honestly, I found out private couriers are not familiar with how this works. I went to a Canada Post location near my place, unfortunately they're out of the letter size envelopes. I went to a closer FedEx location, and the person who assisted me didn't know what she was doing. She couldn't make a return label for me for the sending back of passport from Ottawa to my address. I waited and wasted over 30 minutes for nothing until I finally gave up.

I then decided to just go to another Canada Post location and I just informed them I needed to send my passport to Ottawa and need a return envelope too. In just a second, they gave me two envelopes and gave instructions. Easy and affordable! FedEx was going to charge me $100+ for just sending one way. Canada Post (Xpresspost) was only $50+ two way.

Reactions: ali9797

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Thank you so much
Purolator is a subsidiary of Canada Post itself. I used CP recently from Montreal, and it was a good experience. They delivered my parcel in a day (both). Just use PO BOX address if you're sending through CP.

Reactions: ali9797

hirenThakor

Nov 17, 2020
Have a weird question, I Just applied for TRV, and I have my Flight in January's first week, and I know that it will take some time; my weird question is, what if I get PPR around the time when my Flight is, in this case, Can I submit my passport in India, with same application? is it legal? or possible? Please let me know. if anyone has this kind of experience. Thank you.

anncherie1229

Oct 16, 2022
Have a weird question, I Just applied for TRV, and I have my Flight in January's first week, and I know that it will take some time; my weird question is, what if I get PPR around the time when my Flight is, in this case, Can I submit my passport in India, with same application? is it legal? or possible? Please let me know. if anyone has this kind of experience. Thank you.
I saw a separate thread discussing related questions to yours. You can do search up other threads here with a keyword, they might be able to help you better.