+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

arseniy.pnf

Aug 6, 2021
Hi, here's my entire timeline for the recent Visa Application. I applied from within Canada AND stamped my visa in a different country so it's definitely an option. One caveat is that for some reason my visa is only valid until May 2023, although my passport is valid until 2031 and my current Work Permit is valid until mid-2025. No idea why they issued a visa which is only valid for a few months :/

In short, I had a family vacation planned in Turkey for October 7th - October 26th. Applying for a visa 2 months in advance I thought I had plenty of time. The process was slow, but I was fortunate to get all the docs in time.
  • Aug 10: application submitted;
  • Sep 23: eligibility review started;
  • Oct 7: decision made, received passport request;
    • I had a flight to Turkey on the same day's night, so obviously wouldn't be able to stamp the visa in Canada;
  • Oct 10: handled my passport along with the IRCC letter to a courier (Aras Kargo). I also included my return flight tickets for October 26th, perhaps it sped up the process;
  • Oct 12: application reached Ankara Visa Application Center (VAC);
  • Oct 13: application dispatched to the Operation Center;
  • Oct 14: application reached OC and is on transit to the IRCC Office;
    • same day: application is under process at the IRCC Office;
  • Oct 20: application processed and is on transit to the VAC;
    • same day: envelope with the passport handled to a courier partner (UPS).
  • Oct 21: UPS sent me a tracking number;
  • Oct 24: UPS messaged me that the passport is going to be delivered on that day. It wasn't;
  • Oct 25: I received my passport just in time to board the plane on 26th.

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, here's my entire timeline for the recent Visa Application. I applied from within Canada AND stamped my visa in a different country so it's definitely an option. One caveat is that for some reason my visa is only valid until May 2023, although my passport is valid until 2031 and my current Work Permit is valid until mid-2025. No idea why they issued a visa which is only valid for a few months :/

In short, I had a family vacation planned in Turkey for October 7th - October 26th. Applying for a visa 2 months in advance I thought I had plenty of time. The process was slow, but I was fortunate to get all the docs in time.
  • Aug 10: application submitted;
  • Sep 23: eligibility review started;
  • Oct 7: decision made, received passport request;
    • I had a flight to Turkey on the same day's night, so obviously wouldn't be able to stamp the visa in Canada;
  • Oct 10: handled my passport along with the IRCC letter to a courier (Aras Kargo). I also included my return flight tickets for October 26th, perhaps it sped up the process;
  • Oct 12: application reached Ankara Visa Application Center (VAC);
  • Oct 13: application dispatched to the Operation Center;
  • Oct 14: application reached OC and is on transit to the IRCC Office;
    • same day: application is under process at the IRCC Office;
  • Oct 20: application processed and is on transit to the VAC;
    • same day: envelope with the passport handled to a courier partner (UPS).
  • Oct 21: UPS sent me a tracking number;
  • Oct 24: UPS messaged me that the passport is going to be delivered on that day. It wasn't;
  • Oct 25: I received my passport just in time to board the plane on 26th.
Thank you for sharing this detailed timeline.

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
HERE'S MY TIME

APPLIED ONLINE: 8TH AUGUST
PPR REQUEST 14TH OCT
PASSPORT DELIVERED: 17TH OCT
COUNTERFOIL GENERATED: 27TH OCTOBER

I am only given a visa for 5 months and valid till March 2023, although I have a work permit till 2025. Any idea why my visa is for such a short time? i Thought I would get until the validity of my Work permit.

• Wow
Reactions: Walecott

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
HERE'S MY TIME

APPLIED ONLINE: 8TH AUGUST
PPR REQUEST 14TH OCT
PASSPORT DELIVERED: 17TH OCT
COUNTERFOIL GENERATED: 27TH OCTOBER

I am only given a visa for 5 months and valid till March 2023, although I have a work permit till 2025. Any idea why my visa is for such a short time? i Thought I would get until the validity of my Work permit.
May I know expiry of your passport? I guess it's expiring in 5 months. You get Visa till the expiry of your passport not the work/study permit.

arseniy.pnf

Aug 6, 2021
May I know expiry of your passport? I guess it's expiring in 5 months. You get Visa till the expiry of your passport not the work/study permit.
Read my post above, I'm in the same boat. My passport is until 2031 and work permit is until 2025. Visa was issued until May 2023. Could be a new IRCC trend?

Yetz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2022
My counterfoil was generated on the 25th of Oct and I am yet to receive my passport. Is anyone in thesame boat or does it take this long? I paid for a priority mail and I live in NS.

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
Hi, I applied for Visitor visa from within Canada.

Application made on 14th September 2022
Eligibility review not started yet.

On the other hand PGWP application is under processing since May 17, 2022. No progress on that yet.

I am terribly home sick and emotionally drained waiting in the process. Is it possible to leave the country and get passport stamped outside Canada for application made within Canada if a decision is made after I leave?

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hi, I applied for Visitor visa from within Canada.

Application made on 14th September 2022
Eligibility review not started yet.

On the other hand PGWP application is under processing since May 17, 2022. No progress on that yet.

I am terribly home sick and emotionally drained waiting in the process. Is it possible to leave the country and get passport stamped outside Canada for application made within Canada if a decision is made after I leave?
Hi! I can totally relate with your situation. I really hope you can get an approval soon!

In my opinion If your PGWP application is still pending, and your TRV from your study permit/visa application is still valid (multiple entry), you can easily go to visit your loved ones back home. Please be advised, to ensure the address you put in your PGWP application is valid i.e. You/ a designated person can safely receive your PGWP document there after approval.

I also did the same thing, and was able to return a month prior to my multiple entry TRV (from my study permit) was to expire. I showed the border officer my WP-EXT document and he allowed me to enter. Good luck!

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
Hi! I can totally relate with your situation. I really hope you can get an approval soon!

In my opinion If your PGWP application is still pending, and your TRV from your study permit/visa application is still valid (multiple entry), you can easily go to visit your loved ones back home. Please be advised, to ensure the address you put in your PGWP application is valid i.e. You/ a designated person can safely receive your PGWP document there after approval.

I also did the same thing, and was able to return a month prior to my multiple entry TRV (from my study permit) was to expire. I showed the border officer my WP-EXT document and he allowed me to enter. Good luck!
Thanks for the response. Actually my student visa expired last month and there is no response on the Visitor Visa that I applied. PGWP was applied for on 17th May for which there is no update, could not connect to an agent on the IRCC Call centre as well.
Just consulting a Consultant. Will keep the forum posted on the matter.

Thank you again.

Reactions: deadpoolzj92

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Thanks for the response. Actually my student visa expired last month and there is no response on the Visitor Visa that I applied. PGWP was applied for on 17th May for which there is no update, could not connect to an agent on the IRCC Call centre as well.

Thank you again.
You're welcome! Oh I see. Yes, please confirm with your consultant all the possibilities and then plan travel accordingly. Make sure you consider the best option which will allow you to reenter Canada. Good luck!

Reactions: ashucan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you again.
The big issue is that you’ll need to wait until you have TRV to return to Canada and PGWP to work. If you remain in Canada you can work until you get your PGWP.

Reactions: ashucan