+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

joeale89

Jul 5, 2021
I’m in the same boat; I got my PPR on 7th Oct, and mailed out the passport same day; they received it on 11th Oct morning 9:40 am; no update yet. I have a booked flight for 19th Oct. and I’m stressed because of this.

I have tried calling them everyday since 11th Oct trying to explain my situation;I get sent to automated channel saying, ‘congrats your TRV application was approved, you need to send us your passport to finish the process’. ‘Press 0 to speak to an agent’, ‘Sorry no agent available, please hang up’.

My younger bro just started his masters in UK, and is now sick with flu and is so weak he can barely do his own work or even walk. The medical system is very similar to Canada and probably worse. I applied for UK visa explaining my situation and got it in 4 days. There is just no way to explain this to Canadian IRCC.

I’m just praying all of us get our passports back in time.
So sorry to hear about your situation. We also have a family wedding at end of month and need to apply for UK visa as soon as we get the passport back. Hope we all get our passports back in time! Did you apply for normal UK visa or with priority?

Akshowjini

Oct 14, 2022
Hey
I applied for trv inside canada on september 12
Eligibility started around 23/24 not sure.
I dint get a response till now.
I travelled to india due to a family emergency because I still dint receive a response.
Anyone with the same timeline.

Reactions: deadpoolzj92

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hey
I applied for trv inside canada on september 12
Eligibility started around 23/24 not sure.
I dint get a response till now.
I travelled to india due to a family emergency because I still dint receive a response.
Anyone with the same timeline.
Hello! I also applied on 9th September for a TRV and my eligibility started on September 22nd. Still waiting for a response. Keep updating here, thanks!

Reactions: Akshowjini

Akshowjini

Oct 14, 2022
Hello! I also applied on 9th September for a TRV and my eligibility started on September 22nd. Still waiting for a response. Keep updating here, thanks!
I got a ghost update like 3 days ago
But there was nothing which was actually updated.
Not sure if it is a good sign or not.!
Its like overwhelming.

Reactions: deadpoolzj92

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
I got a ghost update like 3 days ago
But there was nothing which was actually updated.
Not sure if it is a good sign or not.!
Its like overwhelming.
Yeah I had 2 ghost updates back to back in a week after eligibility review started. Still no updates after that.

Its either nothing, or just an agent going through our applications as far as I have read.

Sarishty17

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022
Applied on Aug 29
PPR on Sept 29
Passport delivered to Ottawa on Oct 05
No update after that

How much time it will take to generate counterfoil?
Anyone with the nearby timeframe?

Akshowjini

Oct 14, 2022
Applied on Aug 29
PPR on Sept 29
Passport delivered to Ottawa on Oct 05
No update after that

How much time it will take to generate counterfoil?
Anyone with the nearby timeframe?
One of my friend got his passport after 15 days. He was telling because of more trv applications the approximate time is 20 days

Reactions: Sarishty17

ArbazSalim

Apr 19, 2021
Hello everyone.
I have applied for a TRV from within Canada on Oct 12. I am an International Student and have a valid study permit.
I am flying to the middle east (Qatar) due to some family emergency on November 2. Is it possible for me to hand over my passport abroad for stamping once I get PPR? Can someone guide me through the steps and process?
Any help will be appreciated. Thank You.