+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

Mar 7, 2022
Hey everyone!
I applied yesterday for a TRV inside Canada and the IRCC website says the processing time is 18 days. I know that these processing times are never correct but I have to travel on April 10th. Let's say it took a month to get my PPR. Would I be able to travel to Istanbul, mail my passport from there to my address in Canada so that my roommates can mail my passport to them, get the visa on it and mail it back to me? I'm willing to stay in my home country for longer (until September) if this is an option.
Hi... have you got ppr?

Mar 7, 2022
Hey everyone!
I applied yesterday for a TRV inside Canada and the IRCC website says the processing time is 18 days. I know that these processing times are never correct but I have to travel on April 10th. Let's say it took a month to get my PPR. Would I be able to travel to Istanbul, mail my passport from there to my address in Canada so that my roommates can mail my passport to them, get the visa on it and mail it back to me? I'm willing to stay in my home country for longer (until September) if this is an option.
Hi... have u got ppr?

okah

Jan 15, 2022
Yes... it is written in the website itself that regardless of worker or student everyone will get v1 visa until pp expiry date.
It did not work with me, I guess. They gave me only 2 month TRV which is until my work permit done. I've applied new work permit, Then I'll apply again for TRV :(

kdkjfk

Aug 18, 2021
It did not work with me, I guess. They gave me only 2 month TRV which is until my work permit done. I've applied new work permit, Then I'll apply again for TRV :(
It's always safe to apply for a work/study permit before the TRV, unless you really need to travel internationally during these two months. Even though there is a temporary policy in place that allows you to get a TRV until your passport expiry, they won't let people abuse it if your status gonna expiring soon.

okah

Jan 15, 2022
Well, my point is I've applied the extension of my study permit last year, then I got approved. After that, I've applied TRV last July 2021. Unfortunately, it took 7 months to approve it and they issued a new TRV for me which is until end of March. So, you never know if they are gonna give the TRV until passport expiry date or work permit expiry date. I guess I was not lucky enough.

kdkjfk

Aug 18, 2021
Well, my point is I've applied the extension of my study permit last year, then I got approved. After that, I've applied TRV last July 2021. Unfortunately, it took 7 months to approve it and they issued a new TRV for me which is until end of March. So, you never know if they are gonna give the TRV until passport expiry date or work permit expiry date. I guess I was not lucky enough.
Oh I see. It's unfortunate that you had to wait for 7 months to get your TRV.

althafme

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
AOR Received.
09-02-2021
Just got ppr,
Aor feb 28, 2022
Review : march 10

Reactions: RS02
Mar 7, 2022
Hi there, a little information for everyone waiting for their PPR, Call IRCC and request call back option when asked. Agent will give you a call back about your query. However, ask them about your application and they will tell you about it.
I called them this morning at 8:15 and I got a call back at 9:15. The agent told me that your application has been approved and you will get your passport request next week. IRCC ottawa : 18882422100.
-I applied on Feb 1
-Review of eligibility from Feb 7
Hi, did you received ppr next week?

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
I see at least 2 colleagues here that got their counterfoil generated yesterday (Passport received in Ottawa Mar 22). Mine is the same but still no update. Is there a number to contact them? I need my passport back by Wednesday.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
@uzay @BA101 @marita_me Is your return activated?

My counterfoil was generated today, no e-mail notification received.I just checked my account and now it’s showing approved. And it’s not until passport validity but only PGWP validity.

Last edited:

Harneet89_

May 22, 2021
My return got activated today around 6pm. Passport sent - 22 march through Canadapost
Counterfoil - 24 march
Document validity until passport expiry

Isingh03

Dec 16, 2021
I got my passport today. On the stamp they have written Visitor. I applied for trv after work permit. Is there any problem?

shabiee84

Nov 1, 2021
I recently submitted my TRV online on 03/19 and waiting to hear from IRCC. Can anyone share recent processing timeline? The IRCC website says 17 days.