+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

unisha110

Mar 8, 2022
Same here! When I went to Canada Post today to mail my passport they told me to use the 365 Laurier Ave W.

Is this correct?
I used Canada post Xpress entry,
Canada Post address
Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPC-Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, Ontario
K1G 6T2

Please see the address in this link ( two addresses one for Canada Post and the other for Courier)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#C

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
I used the other address as the lady from Canada Post said I can't track with the PO box address.

Would I have a problem?

Last edited:

marita_me

Dec 24, 2020
Applied: Feb 16
Eligibility: Feb 17
Webform: Mar 15 (Got new passport)
PPR: Mar 18 (Sent to IRCC through Canada Post on the same day)
Passport Delivered:
Counterfoil:

I am in Canada on PGWP and I applied using GCKey not new portal. On March 17 I contacted the call centre and said that I am concerned because my application has exceeded the processing time listed on website and said I did not even receive BIL. The person said that I may not even get a BIL and that from what they could see, my application was towards the end stage of processing. They said they'll leave a message for the agent processing my application.

Reactions: RS02

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
I just want to share my TRV Application journey to everyone. My first application inland with my PGWP was June 2021, and until now the review has not started. I was reading on this thread and decided to file another application without withdrawing the first one.

2nd Application Timeline:
Filed: Feb 19
Review: Feb 22
PPR: Mar 18

Sent my passport same day through Canada Post Express and now my problem is I used the courier address instead of the PO box address. Hopefully I get my passport back in time.
In between my timeline, I reached out through webform and call centre but no luck. Like everyone, I either don’t get in the queue or get an automated e-mail response.

So to everyone waiting, just be calm and be patient. I know it’s hard as I am anxious everyday but you will get it eventually.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted application using GCkey account on Feb 9, and review of eligibility still has not started. I sent a web form to inquire but have not received any response. I tried calling a few times but could not get in the queue to speak with an agent. I will try calling again next week. So frustrating!!!

I am wondering if I should submit another application and withdraw my first one which has not even started Review of Eligibility.

Last edited:

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
I submitted on Feb 23 for my family of 3 and I got ppr request on march 18. My family members didn’t receive ppr request yet, does anyone know why would it be?

Norma27

Aug 16, 2021
Hi guys, do we need to attach the copy of PGWP while applying for TRV? My friend said she didn't see any mention of attaching the scanned copy of the PGWP while submitting the TRV application so she didn't attach it. Can you please confirm if this is mandatory ? Thanks

Reactions: RS02

RS02

Feb 17, 2022
Hi guys, do we need to attach the copy of PGWP while applying for TRV? My friend said she didn't see any mention of attaching the scanned copy of the PGWP while submitting the TRV application so she didn't attach it. Can you please confirm if this is mandatory ? Thanks
It is mandatory to attach PGWP.

Reactions: Norma27

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Do you get notified once counterfoil is generated? My ppt is received today so just want to know.