+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
I applied Visitor Visa from inside Canada online on March 24. At that time the processing time from cic website was 7 days. It is now April 25 almost 30 business days has passed and the cic website shows that they are now processing application received on April 12. But my application status is still the same as what it was on the day I applied (application submitted successfully). No passport request, no final decision made yet, no further request or updates.

Is there going to be any problem with it? I am super worried now. I have been in Canada as international student and worker for years. I always extend my permits and apply visas myself and had no problem before. The only thing different this time is that I applied PR last year and the PR application is now in progress. I have valid work permit and study permit though.

Anyway, does anyone have the same experience when applying visitor visa online? Does it mean that my application will be refused?
Thank you.
hi

When you rceived your passport request, please?

Thanks

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Hi,
I applied for visitor visa from inside Canada on August 6th. Also, I have permanent residency (PR) application in progress. The processing time tells that it has remained 4 months for a decision to be made on PR.
Unfortunately, since August 6th, my visitor visa application is still in progress (in my account it says that we are reviewing your background and your eligibility). I even contacted cic using IRCC webform, they say that your visa application is in process and we will finalize it as soon as possible. Is this delay in processing my application related to PR application that I have? Some of my friends had the same problem and their visa was approved after two months.
Best Regards,
hi

When you received your passport request for TRV, please?

Thanks

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
did u apply inside canada? it says 46 days. Can we email and ask them?
Yes email them or even call them directly, I used to call IRCC wrt my SP extension and they used to give proper updates everytime.

m_bashir

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hey guys has anyone applied for visa (within Canada) recently and received any update?
I applied October 2 and no update. They haven’t even started reviewing the eligibility.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey guys has anyone applied for visa (within Canada) recently and received any update?
I applied October 2 and no update. They haven’t even started reviewing the eligibility.
Eligibility review could've started , doesn't show right away.
Call and ask them, they will let you know about it.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Hey,

I applied on Sep 21st and no update. It will take 40 days i think.After 2 weeks I may get update.