Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Did you receive any update on your TRV after? The pr tracker shows that my background verification is in process.
No update in the TRV tracker. It shows Bio Complete and BG in progress. Nothing was in the GCMS notes as well, except that IRCC received my Webform and sent a letter of patience. I am planning to withdraw after receiving the eCOPR. For people with PR in progress, GCMS notes would help them know when their last profile change happened. When the PR was almost finalized in January, we received a Ghost update in the TRV application as well, but nothing really changed in the TRV status. This made us believe that PR processing may be linked with TRV somehow. It is frustrating, for sure. Reaching out to MP may help, so keep asking them to follow up every other week until you get the result. Good Luck, everyone, I sincerely hope and pray that everyone gets their results soon.

Reactions: Auwa and ash.ch

ash.ch

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
I need to understand exactly why the existing in-Canada PR applicants are experiencing TRV delays. For this, I enrolled the assistance of my local MP - they promised to get back to me in 14 days with an answer.

One possible reason would be a positive PR decision on approach - then it would indeed make no sense to issue a TRV, as PR holders are ineligible for it. But these are just my assumptions.
That could be the case, I'll reach out to my local MP and ask for assistance. What should I include in the email?

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
That could be the case, I'll reach out to my local MP and ask for assistance. What should I include in the email?
A brief description of the situation, your UCI and application numbers, followed by a request to enquire on your application status with IRCC.

Reactions: ash.ch

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
I don’t think it’s only for pr applicants. I’m an international student in Canada and I applied for a TRV on February 4th. I have received no updates yet!
You too might want to contact your local Member of Parliament with a request for assistance. If there’s a wider issue, the more MPs request the status updates, the better IRCC will look into it.

ash.ch

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Hey, finally got my TRV approved, just need to get it stamped. I did reach out to the local mp day or two ago- maybe that helped I'm not too sure.

Had a question as to if I can get the passport stamped from my home country instead of waiting for it? Thank you for the previous suggestions.

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
Hey, finally got my TRV approved, just need to get it stamped. I did reach out to the local mp day or two ago- maybe that helped I'm not too sure.

Had a question as to if I can get the passport stamped from my home country instead of waiting for it? Thank you for the previous suggestions.
Congrats! Yes, you can.

Reactions: ash.ch

Faizulpalash

Dec 11, 2023

WHEN DID YOU APPLIED ?

ash.ch

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Hey everyone, finally done with the whole process, appreciate the input from you guys. Leaving my timeline for others reference.

TRV applied - February 21, 2024
Biometrics request - March 8, 2024
Received BIL Letter - March 14, 2024
Submitted Biometrics - March 15, 2024
Submitted webform - March 21, 2024
Passport Request Letter - April 12, 2024
Passport sent out - April 14, 2024
Received passport back - April 19, 2024

Cheers!

Reactions: kkincanada

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
Just letting you know that we have received our visa approval letters today thanks to the assistance of our local member of parliament (applied inland on February 3).

Everyone who is still waiting for theirs might want to seriously consider the same route.

Reactions: kkincanada

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Received COPRs, so TRV was automatically withdrawn by them. They sent a withdrawal letter. Since processing has already started, a refund is not applicable as well. Cheers!