+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

si1988

Oct 6, 2019
Hi,
I applied for visitor visa from inside Canada on August 6th. Also, I have permanent residency (PR) application in progress. The processing time tells that it has remained 4 months for a decision to be made on PR.
Unfortunately, since August 6th, my visitor visa application is still in progress (in my account it says that we are reviewing your background and your eligibility). I even contacted cic using IRCC webform, they say that your visa application is in process and we will finalize it as soon as possible. Is this delay in processing my application related to PR application that I have? Some of my friends had the same problem and their visa was approved after two months.
Best Regards,

Khannakaran

Oct 8, 2019
Applied Online Oct 01
Approval/ Passport Request Oct 03

Attached the In Canada Approval Letter instead of the actual Work Permit
Hi
Did you upload the in canada approval letter?
Because I want to apply for trv I dont have the actual copy of work permit

Khannakaran

Oct 8, 2019
Hi I have a querry
Can I apply for trv within canada and after approval Can I get the stamp from india
Because I have to go india for an emergency and I dont have much time to send passport and get stamp in canada

catmeow

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-06-2017
Med's Request
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Hi I have a querry
Can I apply for trv within canada and after approval Can I get the stamp from india
Because I have to go india for an emergency and I dont have much time to send passport and get stamp in canada
That’s actually what I’m doing right now. I’m submitting my passport in the Philippines for stamping because I have to go back next week.

catmeow

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-06-2017
Med's Request
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Is it possible to get stamp in our country?
Do we have to notify ottawa office about this?
Yes, it’s possible. Just email Ottawa office and VAC in your home country after you get approved.

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Applied Online Oct 01
Approval/ Passport Request Oct 03

Attached the In Canada Approval Letter instead of the actual Work Permit

Applied Online on Oct 02 TRV
Approval and Passport Request letter on Oct 04
What address did you send the passport to? Also, did you receive your passports with TRV stamp?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#C

If sent by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost

Temporary Resident Visa Section
CPP - Ottawa (e-Application)
PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

If sent by private courier (only)

CPP-Ottawa (e-Application)
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Last edited:

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Just confirmed the address from IRCC and it is correct. Also, they say it may take upto 2 weeks for them to stamp and return the passports.

What address did you send the passport to? Also, did you receive your passports with TRV stamp?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#C

PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Nmehtani864

Sep 20, 2019
When did you applied?

PO Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
"AN AGENT WHO DID TOURIST VISA FOR ME WHICH WAS DENIED BECAUSE OF TRAVEL HISTORY,FILLED THE FORM FOR ME AS A STUDENT WITHOUT ME KNOWING ABOUT IT UNTIL I RECEIVED MY CASE FILE,NOW THAT I AM APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT,WILL THE VO GO DEEP DOWN TO THE OLD APPLICATION TO SEE THAT?the agent was so careless,I never went to the school he wrote,I will appreciate an advice

Amanpreet 123

Oct 17, 2019
Hello everyone
Actully i am work permit holder and i hace multiple entry visitor visa too can i go india and return back with this multiple entry visa or i need stamp visa
of worker on my passport .

Radex

Oct 17, 2019
After reading this thread I am now getting a feeling that I might have submitted the wrong form myself. I'm from Lithuania and I'm here on Working Holiday Visa, which is expiring in a couple of days. I've submitted Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or a Temporary Resident Permit Holder (IMM5708) and after reading other responses it looks like there is another form IMM 5257. My intention is to be able to stay in Canada as a visitor once my Working holiday visa expires, so I could then apply for PR through common-law sponsorship.

Can anyone help to clarify if the form I've submitted is the correct one ??

Thanks!

P.S. What is the difference between 5257 and 5708?

Last edited: