+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Got request today for sending passport. My immigration lawyer sent it. Hope you will get it by Monday at max..
I applied on May 22nd 8 days before you and I am yet to receive a passport request.I am likely going to lose the money I paid for my flight and accommodation

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
I applied on May 22nd 8 days before you and I am yet to receive a passport request.I am likely going to lose the money I paid for my flight and accommodation
Sorry to hear about your situation. Sometimes CIC works in a very unpredictable manner. Hope you get it soon.

asimramzan73

Aug 24, 2015
well, i think you can still fly out of Canada. And once you're out of Canada you can always ask them to forward your TRV to the nearest CIC office there and while contacting them you can attach your ticket as a proof and can request them for the change of VO (but it won't completely vanish the chances of losing money because you might end up waiting and waiting but again that's very rare that they take that much time just to re-issue a TRV)...I think it could be an option for you, Best of luck!

somadina

Jun 5, 2019
I'm still waiting for response from them too.i'm just hoping something positive comes out this week. I applied on May 30th

somadina

Jun 5, 2019
Hi Everyone, did anyone submit application on May 30th and still waiting for passport request. It been 11 days now no update.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
well, i think you can still fly out of Canada. And once you're out of Canada you can always ask them to forward your TRV to the nearest CIC office there and while contacting them you can attach your ticket as a proof and can request them for the change of VO (but it won't completely vanish the chances of losing money because you might end up waiting and waiting but again that's very rare that they take that much time just to re-issue a TRV)...I think it could be an option for you, Best of luck!
I got my passport request today and mailed it to Ottawa. Hopefully I get the TRV fast.

asimramzan73

Aug 24, 2015
I got my passport request today and mailed it to Ottawa. Hopefully I get the TRV fast.
Tha's good news. Did your background check status changed to "We are checking your background check etc" ??

Also, did you apply from inside Canada and what was your application date please?