+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi everyone, I applied for my TRV from inside Canada on Jan 4th, 2021 and no updates since then. My Bridging work permit is going to expire soon and I plan on applying for a new one since my PR is still under process. What happens to my TRV application in this case? Can I send a webform with the new work permit (once I get it) and keep my current application or will I have to cancel my TRV and apply again?
Did you get your TRV?

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
I am tired of submitting webforms. Useless they are. 192 days and counting.
I might be writing this again but I would really recommend to apply for GCMS notes right away. I sent 4 webforms so far but I only see 1 in GCMS notes. In your case It might be possible that none of them reached to officer. Apply GCMS notes right away. It takes month for response on notes but it's only $5.I know it's frustrating, I hope you get some response soon.

hamza125

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
I might be writing this again but I would really recommend to apply for GCMS notes right away. I sent 4 webforms so far but I only see 1 in GCMS notes. In your case It might be possible that none of them reached to officer. Apply GCMS notes right away. It takes month for response on notes but it's only $5.I know it's frustrating, I hope you get some response soon.
I already have applied for GCMS notes, but won't be getting until August 20th. What's frustrating is you feel so helpless that you can't do anything about it or even get to know the actual reason behind the delay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nishuu09

shivavkt

Aug 4, 2021
Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

Hey Guys,I got this reply from IRCC.I send mail to them for speed up the processing on Jul 1 and I got this reply yesterday. Is it any good sign? Do anyone got like this

Reactions: Zioussama

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

Hey Guys,I got this reply from IRCC.I send mail to them for speed up the processing on Jul 1 and I got this reply yesterday. Is it any good sign? Do anyone got like this
On which email you wrote email to expedite the processing?