+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV FROM INDIA WITH VALID PGWP

krish28

Oct 11, 2022
So if you don’t have a TRV then you can’t enter Canada. Having your friend mail you a work permit doesn’t let you enter Canada with it. You need to apply for a TRV.
okay. so my will send me WP to India when he gets it and after that I can apply for TRV from India. correct?

krish28

Oct 11, 2022
oh that much. no I can't apply before I leave. I Hope I will WP before nov 8th so that I can apply TRV from here

Last edited:

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
oh that much. no I can't apply before I leave. I Hope I will WP before nov 8th so that I can apply TRV from here
Hi, I am just curious to know when you apply for TRV within Canada then can one get the PPR in India and get the passport stamped in India?

I am in similar situation, awaiting PGWP (applied in May 2022) and applied for TRV in September 2022 (no decision yet). I also plan to go back home but awaiting for decision on TRV.

krish28

Oct 11, 2022
Hi, I am just curious to know when you apply for TRV within Canada then can one get the PPR in India and get the passport stamped in India?

I am in similar situation, awaiting PGWP (applied in May 2022) and applied for TRV in September 2022 (no decision yet). I also plan to go back home but awaiting for decision on TRV.
I am not sure tbh because I have never applied for TRV. I am waiting for my PGWP extension (applied in end of Sep 2022). god knows when i will receive

Reactions: ashucan

krish28

Oct 11, 2022

I think in your case you can travel if you still have your passport for passport stamping you can get stamped in india you have to explain IRCC that you are in india and wants to get passport stamped in india. so This is possible in your situation.I have heard that. Although I would suggest you call IRCC and ask them about this process I believe they will transfer your file to india VFS. but you have to call them and ask them about the process

Reactions: ashucan

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
I think in your case you can travel if you still have your passport for passport stamping you can get stamped in india you have to explain IRCC that you are in india and wants to get passport stamped in india. so This is possible in your situation.I have heard that. Although I would suggest you call IRCC and ask them about this process I believe they will transfer your file to india VFS. but you have to call them and ask them about the process
Hello, so here is an update.
I applied for the TRV (Visitor visa from within Canada) separately in September and just received a reply from IRCC asking me to clarify if I am asking for the TRV or a visitor record. the application seem to have confused IRCC.
Advised by consultant I am withdrawing the application for TRV and going forward with only the PGWP for now. Might travel back to India given that I do not have any TRV application pending after this.
Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the valuable suggestions and response.