+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trv from india after pgwp

Addy1911

Oct 22, 2019
But if i put country of residence India then it takes me to apply pgwp outside canada but i already have pgwp.
If i put Canada it takes me to trv

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
But if i put country of residence India then it takes me to apply pgwp outside canada but i already have pgwp.
It probably doesn't matter too much what you do in the quiz as long as your actual application is correct especially if you include a letter of explanation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You only need a TRV if you already have or have applied for PGWP. You are not answering something correctly.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You only need a TRV if you already have or have applied for PGWP. You are not answering something correctly.
Basically on the online quiz if you dont select canada as residence it does not give the option for TRV if you already have a PGWP. I think he has to select Canada as residence.

Reactions: Bavsh

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
Basically on the online quiz if you dont select canada as residence it does not give the option for TRV if you already have a PGWP. I think he has to select Canada as residence.
That's the point. I am in a similar situation, got PGWP but I am outside Canada. The right application pops up if and only if we select Canada as a residence in the questionnaire and "Work" as a purpose. I think we could select the real residence in the form IMM5257 (it has fields). The application checklist what we get after selecting Canada as a residence asks for IMM5257, passport, digital photo and Work permit. This is the perfect application to be filled in. However, there's no option to show the fund of proof. Could I go ahead with this application and show the fund proof in the "client information" field where I will attach a letter of explanation why I left Canada as well? Kindly help.

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019
If it is approved then you can easily get trv. Its not a big deal. You can also apply online.
What is the correct application? The visitor visa that a normal candidate applies for tourism/business or the TRV (outside Canada) after filling the residence as Canada although anyone is outside Canada?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
That's the point. I am in a similar situation, got PGWP but I am outside Canada. The right application pops up if and only if we select Canada as a residence in the questionnaire and "Work" as a purpose. I think we could select the real residence in the form IMM5257 (it has fields). The application checklist what we get after selecting Canada as a residence asks for IMM5257, passport, digital photo and Work permit. This is the perfect application to be filled in. However, there's no option to show the fund of proof. Could I go ahead with this application and show the fund proof in the "client information" field where I will attach a letter of explanation why I left Canada as well? Kindly help.
You have a work permit, proof of funds is no longer required. You can put it in client info if you are worried.

Reactions: Bavsh

Neel21

May 11, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Not Sure if this thread is still active.
I received my PGWP on November 12, 2019. Due to my laziness I haven't applied to renew my TRV yet.
My student TRV is valid till 30 April, 2020. My question is can I travel to India and come back before my TRV expires?

My TRV says my status as Student but I am a worker now. can anyone please clarify?

Thanks!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Not Sure if this thread is still active.
I received my PGWP on November 12, 2019. Due to my laziness I haven't applied to renew my TRV yet.
My student TRV is valid till 30 April, 2020. My question is can I travel to India and come back before my TRV expires?

My TRV says my status as Student but I am a worker now. can anyone please clarify?

Thanks!
All TRVs are the same dorsnt matter whats written on them, as long as its valid you can travel with it.

CHANPREETO

Dec 23, 2019
hey
i am on pgwp that expires in octobor of this year.i dont have stamp of TRV on my indian passport and i am going to india only for 15 days. i want to know that can i apply for TRV from india? and how much time it will take in india for whole process? or can i start my process from canada i.e,if any online application and then in india i will do further process such as submit passport
please help me in this

Neel21

May 11, 2017
Hi,

I wanted to get back to my previous question. There is another factor in play as well.
I also got my passport renewed after before I got my PGWP and as per CIC website if 'youget a new passport you need to apply for new eTA.'

As per my knowledge TRA has nothing to do with eTA hence I am feeling confident to travel with my cancelled passport with valid visa and my new passport.

Can anyone confirm if I need to apply for a TRA? I still have my Study permit and Work permit and can present both at POE if needed. Thanks!

Last edited: