TRV from Dubai Applied In June 2016

naveenkhatri

May 4, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
Hi Fellows,

We applied for TRV from VFS global on 14th June 2016 and submitted passport along with it. There was no communication received by VFS also, but they gave one receipt which has a tracking number. While tracking on VFS portal it shows documents are under processing at Canada embassy Abu Dhabi.

I have few question.

Is it true Indian national does not require biomatrix?
Anyone got visa response who applied in June from VFS Dubai?
Is there anyway we can contact anyone and get info on visa status as we have to participate in relative's family function and tickets are stuck in between?

Would appreciate if anyone can guide

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Yes, Indian nationals do not have to give their biometrics.

You can get detailed status updates by linking your paper applications to your online account: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Cheers

hsp402

Dec 27, 2012
I also applied for my father on 14th June, visa office Abu dhabi. I linked my paper application to online same day. There are no updates and no development since then. I think it has been slowed considerably after receiving Pakistani visitors application. The processing time has now reached 33 days, this week I think at least 4-5 days more because of vacations for Eid.

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I applied June 1 in vfs abu dhabi. I couldnt even link my papers onine. Its always saying no application found. I emailed vfs and they recommended me to use the tracking number they gave me which has never been updated since i applied. :(

naveenkhatri

May 4, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
Thank you all for response.

I also tried linking paper application but its not able to trace any using name and DOB details. Is there anyway I can get UID or application number because VFS tracking number is only for VFS purpose

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi naveenkhatri,

Let me share with you what they have sent me after emailing to them my inquiry on how to get the UCI / application number..

"With reference to your email, kindly UCI and application number are both generated by the Embassy. You may track your application status by entering your application reference number and date of birth on our website.

If opted for SMS service, you will also be notified through SMS once your passport is ready for collection or dispatched by courier (if opted for courier at the time of submission)."

naveenkhatri

May 4, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
Hey Sisternaima,

Did you got your passport back? We also opted for SMS service but till now there is no e-mail/SMS from even VFS. Also we applied for TRV earlier so is it true that new application will also get linked with old UCI?

sisternaima

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naveenkhatri said:
Hey Sisternaima,

Did you got your passport back? We also opted for SMS service but till now there is no e-mail/SMS from even VFS. Also we applied for TRV earlier so is it true that new application will also get linked with old UCI?
hi. didn't get my passport yet. no PPR even. no updates / notifications.
I'm not sure but you can try though. some experts here can answer that but for me I wouldn't know because I cannot even link my application online.. All I can do now is just hope for the best. fingers crossed. :)

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Applied for my father on 19th June, processed at Abu Dhabi, it got approved and collected passport on 13th July. I suggest you link the paper application on CIC's portal and wait till next week hopefully you'll hear something.

naveenkhatri

May 4, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
anaqi said:
Applied for my father on 19th June, processed at Abu Dhabi, it got approved and collected passport on 13th July. I suggest you link the paper application on CIC's portal and wait till next week hopefully you'll hear something.
Hey Anaqui,

Congratulations for getting approval and your message really gave me some peace to hold my passions. I am also hoping to get a response by this week.

BTW which nationality passport your father holds?because I heard processing time even depends upon that factor too.

Thnx