+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Forgot to put "COVID-19" for proritize application

one541

Nov 25, 2020
Hi,

I forgot to put "COVID-19" in purpose of travel when applying for my wife's TRV to visit me (PR holder).
I emailed ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca about this and they haven't replied to me.

Is there something I can do so that they can proritize my application. I got a "Submission Confirmation" message a few weeks ago, does that mean they are considering the application?

Cheers,
one541

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
Do they ever reply back?
Yes they do usually they take 15-30 days if you qualify for priority processing. They don’t reply if you have no valid reason for prioritize.

one541

Nov 25, 2020
Yes they do usually they take 15-30 days if you qualify for priority processing. They don’t reply if you have no valid reason for prioritize.
Little odd they didn't reply to me, the first email was over 30 days ago. My wife qualifies for priority processing as I am a PR holder...

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
Little odd they didn't reply to me, the first email was over 30 days ago. My wife qualifies for priority processing as I am a PR holder...
If you are in Canada then call them. I used to call them through conference call from India.

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Spouse and child of Work permit holder. Applied for Visitor Visa and student permit on 5 Dec 2020. We too forgot to put the Covid 19 in the application. No progress in the application. Child visa shows medical passed on 15 deb, but for spouse no progress at all. We are apart from 14 months. Please suggest. Application is from India. Biometric and medical done for PR application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Spouse and child of Work permit holder. Applied for Visitor Visa and student permit on 5 Dec 2020. We too forgot to put the Covid 19 in the application. No progress in the application. Child visa shows medical passed on 15 deb, but for spouse no progress at all. We are apart from 14 months. Please suggest. Application is from India. Biometric and medical done for PR application.
You can raise a webform but don’t expect an quit response. Have you also applied for written travel authorization as they need that too.

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Yes, they already refused. for AL

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I forgot to put "COVID-19" in purpose of travel when applying for my wife's TRV to visit me (PR holder).
I emailed ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca about this and they haven't replied to me.

Is there something I can do so that they can proritize my application. I got a "Submission Confirmation" message a few weeks ago, does that mean they are considering the application?

Cheers,
one541
Putting covid will not mean your spouse will not guarantee that she will get a TRV. Many misunderstood the government. Those with a TRV or ETA can visit their spouses but the majority will still be denied a TRV. If you haven't started your spousal sponsorship that is what I would prioritize.

one541

Nov 25, 2020
Putting covid will not mean your spouse will not guarantee that she will get a TRV. Many misunderstood the government. Those with a TRV or ETA can visit their spouses but the majority will still be denied a TRV. If you haven't started your spousal sponsorship that is what I would prioritize.
We haven't decided if we want to stay in Canada in the long-run, this visit was just to figure out if we like to live in Vancouver in the near future. My wife is a partner in a law-firm, and I run my own business that has offices across the world. If this is taking too long, we are just going to decide to settle elsewhere. If they do not want a person who has established a company in Vancouver that employees 20 people and generates a turnover in 7 digits yearly to have his wife to come for a visit, then Canada isn't really the place I want to be.