+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Spouse

ap8989

Nov 26, 2010
Hello,

I have a few questions. Any good feed back and answers are much appreciated.

I filled for my wife's spousal sponsorship August 2011 . Recevied Acknowledgement letter and application was sent to Pakistan for further processing. Everything is good on that end.

I am also about to apply sometime in November for a Visitor's visa for my wife since i have our canadian reception planned in Canada. On the Form IMM 5257 there's a box for "Funds available for your stay" , Does my wife need to show the x amount of funds available in her bank statement or not ? i am also attaching a letter of support on my end that i will be responsible for my wife's stay during the period of her visit. Do i have to attach any Bank balance information ?

Thank you in advance !

Nov 9, 2011
Hi

I also have a similar situation. I applied for my spouse sponsor in Sep 2011, expecting to get the my assessment (sponsor's approval / assessment) done in end of this month (Nov. 2011). I am planning to invite my wife on TRV so that we can spend some time together. I studied the immigration guide thoroughly and filled all the forms myself without hiring any lawyer. As she is a house wife and B.Ed student from AIOU, so she does not have any job there. But if I am taking all the financial responsibility during her stay here, does she still need to show a healthy bank statement in her name there? Will my bank statement (from Canada showing approx C$20,000), which I will include in my supporting documents to her TRV application, be sufficient to get her TRV as I am sponsoring her?

I know the usual documents which I need to attach to support her TRV application, but I would also be attaching copy of IMM-1344 B, whose one paragraphs clearly states this:

As sponsor or co-signer, I promise to provide for the sponsored person and his or her family members's basic requirements, for a period that begins the day on which the sponsored person enters Canada with a temporary resident permit, or if already in Canada on the day on which the sponsor person obtains temporary resident permit following an application to remain in Canada as a permanent resident, and in any other case on the day on which the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident and ....
I am viewing other other topics in this forum which are saying that denial chances are 99% for spouse TRV during sponsorship case and only 1% lucky persons are getting visas. I am surprised on one side they have increased the spouse sponsorship time line for Pakistan to 27 months (2nd stage only) and on top of that they are not issuing any visa to their spouse so that they can spend time together. This is inhuman act of CHC / CIC. I hope that once we have signed the sponsorship undertaking (IMM 1344 B) in sponsorship case, we are bound to take all responsibility of our spouse even if she comes to Canada on TRV, so why they are refusing so much cases.

My 2nd point is, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced a Super Visa for the parents, to shorten the waiting time for their cases, they should also think of giving a fiance visa sort of thing to spouse so that they can live and enjoy life together without waiting 2 or may be 3 years of sponsorship case (in next few months time it would go upto 36 months).

I would like to know replies of some experienced people on my questions and also on my thoughts.

ramySehar

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Niagra Falls
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
File Transfer...
Jul-2011
Med's Request
Dec-2012 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Hey "Lonely Husband",

I am in a same boat as you are, I applied for my wife immigraiton in June 2011 and going to apply for visit visa, what did u include for additional documetns ( as we have applied for immigraiton already)

Thx
Ramy

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-11-2010 then 16/02/2012 after 2nd request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
Hi.
My advice to you is to be optimistic. My case in similar to yours in certain aspects. My spouse is Canadian Citizen and we filed for PR in March 2011. While the PR is pending I applied for TRV @Washington DC office on 11/15/11 and got visa the same day. I was discouraged by the post talking about 99% of applications being denied if spouse is Canadian citizen or PR but we should always have faith and tell ourselves we could be among the lucky 1%.
I am on work permit in the US, I submitted.
1- Last 3 paystubs.
2- Letter from employer
3- Invitation Letter
4- Wife canadian passport (photocopy)
5- Birth Certificate.
6- Photocopy of my work permi in the US.

I didn't even include marriage certificate. It was straight forward, but I mentionned in application that PR was in process and provided our Client ID number.

NEVER LOSE FAITH, Be confident and Everything will be fine.

Good luck

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
tharealimmigrant said:
Hi.
My advice to you is to be optimistic. My case in similar to yours in certain aspects. My spouse is Canadian Citizen and we filed for PR in March 2011. While the PR is pending I applied for TRV @ Washington DC office on 11/15/11 and got visa the same day. I was discouraged by the post talking about 99% of applications being denied if spouse is Canadian citizen or PR but we should always have faith and tell ourselves we could be among the lucky 1%.
I am on work permit in the US, I submitted.
1- Last 3 paystubs.
2- Letter from employer
3- Invitation Letter
4- Wife canadian passport (photocopy)
5- Birth Certificate.
6- Photocopy of my work permi in the US.

I didn't even include marriage certificate. It was straight forward, but I mentionned in application that PR was in process and provided our Client ID number.

NEVER LOSE FAITH, Be confident and Everything will be fine.

Good luck

I believe that getting a TRV from USA is a bit easier than from other countries. Secondly, as you are on work permit, the decision goes in to your favor. The VO knows that you can't get more than few days or weeks off from your work or can't leave your job and stay in Canada illegally.
In the last but not the least, Luck matters.

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-11-2010 then 16/02/2012 after 2nd request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
Kuku you are right!
I guess it is easier from the US no question, still people get denied even in a situation like mine.
Bottom line, each case is different but everyone has to take a chance and try. Luck plays a big part in the decision even when you have all the paperwork. It's funny how sometimes people get approved against all odds.
Good luck to you ap8989 .

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
I don't know all the facts but what I do know is that ALL the persons that I know of who apply for their spouses or family members who are in filing never get visitor visa. Sad to say but maybe you might make a difference, I don't know. Unless it is some kind of emergency then I would say save your money and wait or you go and visit. The first thing VO is going to say is that your spouse will stay until filing is complete and more than often that is the case, they have the statistics.

pooh123

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
i have a similar situation as you all.. i had already applied for the visit visa in June but unfortunately it was denied. im planning to apply again. can anyone guide with what to write in the cover letter and in the invitation letter?

Thank you

kaloka

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
03-01-2012
Med's Request
06-02-2012- started processing
Passport Req..
18-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012 :D
HI ALL YOU GUYS, AS FAR AS I KNOW THOSE OF YOU THAT HAS SPOUSAL APPLICATION ALREADY SUBMITTED OUTSIDE CANADA HAS 0% OF GETTING A POSITIVE RESULT. APPLYING FOR TWO VISA'S WON'T WORK. BETTER WAIT TILL THE DECISION OF THE SPONSORSHIP IS APPROVED. DON'T WASTE MONEY. INSTEAD MAYBE YOU CAN THINK OF OTHER SOLUTION .. LIKE MAYBE WIFE/HUSBAND CAN VISIT YOU INSTEAD OF APPLYING FOR VISIT VISA.

BUT IF YOU APPLIED INSIDE CANADA AND YOUR SPOUSE IS IN CANADA AND HAS A TRV, EXPIRING TRV OR NO STATUS AT ALL. 100% CHANCE OF GETTING VISITOR VISA APPROVE.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will learn how to write your invitation letter after reading this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t42694.0.html

Nov 9, 2011
Hi Everyone,

If you remember I posted a reply on Nov. 2011 on this topic. I am from Canada and my wife is in Pakistan (please see my initial reply in this topic). I finally applied for her visit visa after through study of instructions and you know what I was surprised to know that SHE GOT THE TRV even without any interview. So now I am in a position to say that do your home work first and do it in such a way that visa officer has to think twice before making a negative decision. Don't be dis-hearted because of the negative comments of other people who are saying that ITS ALMOST IMPPOSIBLE FOR SPOUSE TO GET TRV DURING SPOUSE SPONSOR CASE TIME. I have seen someone applied even 3 times and every time they were rejected, no body is ready to accept the fact that they were not able to satisfy the visa officer IN EITHER OF THREE MAJOR AREAS which help them in issuing or refusing the visa; 1) provide documents 2) explain the purpose of their visit 3) Explaining why they would leave Canada.

Here is how I did my home work. I am trying to explain above three main points which I believe made my wife’s application successful:
I took the help of cic's website ( search invitation letter on cic webpage ) to draft an invitation letter. I provided each and every information which they want in the invitation letter. I got this letter notarized from Canada.
I wrote a separate letter to my wife asking her to come to Canada (purpose of visit was quite explanatory in that letter). This was notarized too.
For “A written and signed promise of your financial support”: I did three things, firstly I referred to my Sponsorship Agreement under which I am fully responsible for all her expenses even on TRV (attached the copy) and secondly I drafted an independent affidavit / undertaking clearly mentioning my obligation for her financial needs and support during her visit to Canada. I got it Notarized too and thirdly I explained that I have a good regular salary which is sufficient to support my wife's expenses but I also have C$23,000 in my saving account just to meet any unforeseen expenses during visit.

Purpose of Visit:
If you notice that space in visa application form for the Purpose of visit is very very limited. No one can explain the purpose in few letters, so I simply wrote “Family Visit” in that field but in my invitation letter, I wrote one full paragraph explaining the purpose of the visit.

Why she would leave Canada:
With due apology to all those who are saying they our partner’s visit visa was refused during spouse sponsor case processing, I believe most of the people make a big mistake here in this very important section. In order TO SHOW HER TIES IN PAKISTAN, I gave the heading “Why she would leave Canada” and wrote another paragraph in the Invitation Letter explaining that she is a full time student of B.Ed. (attached her last semester result card, current semester fees, and roll number slip for the upcoming exam). I also mentioned that her final semester is in Nov. 2012 and she would be coming back to Pakistan to continue her education. I also mentioned here that we would never ever jeopardize our long term benefit of her legal admittance in Canada as permanent resident over a short term benefit of over stay and assured visa officer that I will update Canadian High Commission Islamabad upon her return to Pakistan with copy of her air tickets, boarding passes, and copy of exit / entry stamps on passport as an update to her immigration case (with reference to Question 25 and 27 of IMM-5490). Sorry to say if you don’t explain this important factor, don’t expect visa….

Documents attached:
1) copy of my PR card
2) copy of my last 3 pay stubs
3) copy of my latest T4 slip
4) copy of my latest Notice of Accessment from Canada Revenue
5) original letter from employer
6) original letter from Member Parliament
7) original bank statement showing around C$23,000 in my saving account
8) copy of my sponsor approval letter from Mississauga
9) copy of my Sponsorship Agreement (which was signed and attached in spouse sponsor case)
10) original undertaking / affidavit for her financial support during the visit
11) copy of her last semester result, fee paid for the next semester, roll number slip / date sheet
12) her 2 x recent photos as per CIC specifications
13) her NADRA ID card’s copy with certified English translation
14) her travel itinerary showing the same date which I mentioned in the invitation letter
15) copy of our NADRA marriage certificate
16) copy of our joint bank account in Pakistan
17) copy of my life insurance showing her as my sole beneficiary

Case was submitted through Gerry’s Visa Service on 22-Feb and it was delivered in CHC Islamabad on 23-Feb. We finally received emai / SMS notification / call from Gerry’s office on 4th May that your passport has arrived. We found visa was stamped and they returned all the documents with the passport. So they took about 72 days to make a decision on the visit visa case.

If someone may need any help in the invitation letter / list of documents attached / affidavit for financial support, I can provide them with the general template which I used. Remember its not guaranteed that if you provide all above documents as per my scheme you will be issued a visa, it all depends on the situation you presented in the papers e.g. purpose of visit: reception in Canada or another honeymoon or wedding anniversary etc. etc. provide all the documents in support of above situation which you presented in the purpose, and then explain in detail why the applicant will leave Canada (if student provide all possible proofs as I did, if working provide letter from employer, approved leaves and rejoining date after leaves, salary slips showing your income and designation and copy of your return ticket showing dates just before your leaves are ending).

I think I have explained the TRV application with ref to my wfie's TRV application, but still anything not yet clear email me or post a reply here and I will try my level best to help you.

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
Lonely Husband said:
Hi Everyone,

If you remember I posted a reply on Nov. 2011 on this topic. I am from Canada and my wife is in Pakistan (please see my initial reply in this topic). I finally applied for her visit visa after through study of instructions and you know what I was surprised to know that SHE GOT THE TRV even without any interview. So now I am in a position to say that do your home work first and do it in such a way that visa officer has to think twice before making a negative decision. Don't be dis-hearted because of the negative comments of other people who are saying that ITS ALMOST IMPPOSIBLE FOR SPOUSE TO GET TRV DURING SPOUSE SPONSOR CASE TIME. I have seen someone applied even 3 times and every time they were rejected, no body is ready to accept the fact that they were not able to satisfy the visa officer IN EITHER OF THREE MAJOR AREAS which help them in issuing or refusing the visa; 1) provide documents 2) explain the purpose of their visit 3) Explaining why they would leave Canada.

Here is how I did my home work. I am trying to explain above three main points which I believe made my wife's application successful:
I took the help of cic's website ( search invitation letter on cic webpage ) to draft an invitation letter. I provided each and every information which they want in the invitation letter. I got this letter notarized from Canada.
I wrote a separate letter to my wife asking her to come to Canada (purpose of visit was quite explanatory in that letter). This was notarized too.
For “A written and signed promise of your financial support”: I did three things, firstly I referred to my Sponsorship Agreement under which I am fully responsible for all her expenses even on TRV (attached the copy) and secondly I drafted an independent affidavit / undertaking clearly mentioning my obligation for her financial needs and support during her visit to Canada. I got it Notarized too and thirdly I explained that I have a good regular salary which is sufficient to support my wife's expenses but I also have C$23,000 in my saving account just to meet any unforeseen expenses during visit.

Purpose of Visit:
If you notice that space in visa application form for the Purpose of visit is very very limited. No one can explain the purpose in few letters, so I simply wrote “Family Visit” in that field but in my invitation letter, I wrote one full paragraph explaining the purpose of the visit.

Why she would leave Canada:
With due apology to all those who are saying they our partner's visit visa was refused during spouse sponsor case processing, I believe most of the people make a big mistake here in this very important section. In order TO SHOW HER TIES IN PAKISTAN, I gave the heading “Why she would leave Canada” and wrote another paragraph in the Invitation Letter explaining that she is a full time student of B.Ed. (attached her last semester result card, current semester fees, and roll number slip for the upcoming exam). I also mentioned that her final semester is in Nov. 2012 and she would be coming back to Pakistan to continue her education. I also mentioned here that we would never ever jeopardize our long term benefit of her legal admittance in Canada as permanent resident over a short term benefit of over stay and assured visa officer that I will update Canadian High Commission Islamabad upon her return to Pakistan with copy of her air tickets, boarding passes, and copy of exit / entry stamps on passport as an update to her immigration case (with reference to Question 25 and 27 of IMM-5490). Sorry to say if you don't explain this important factor, don't expect visa....

Documents attached:
1) copy of my PR card
2) copy of my last 3 pay stubs
3) copy of my latest T4 slip
4) copy of my latest Notice of Accessment from Canada Revenue
5) original letter from employer
6) original letter from Member Parliament
7) original bank statement showing around C$23,000 in my saving account
8) copy of my sponsor approval letter from Mississauga
9) copy of my Sponsorship Agreement (which was signed and attached in spouse sponsor case)
10) original undertaking / affidavit for her financial support during the visit
11) copy of her last semester result, fee paid for the next semester, roll number slip / date sheet
12) her 2 x recent photos as per CIC specifications
13) her NADRA ID card's copy with certified English translation
14) her travel itinerary showing the same date which I mentioned in the invitation letter
15) copy of our NADRA marriage certificate
16) copy of our joint bank account in Pakistan
17) copy of my life insurance showing her as my sole beneficiary

Case was submitted through Gerry's Visa Service on 22-Feb and it was delivered in CHC Islamabad on 23-Feb. We finally received emai / SMS notification / call from Gerry's office on 4th May that your passport has arrived. We found visa was stamped and they returned all the documents with the passport. So they took about 72 days to make a decision on the visit visa case.

If someone may need any help in the invitation letter / list of documents attached / affidavit for financial support, I can provide them with the general template which I used. Remember its not guaranteed that if you provide all above documents as per my scheme you will be issued a visa, it all depends on the situation you presented in the papers e.g. purpose of visit: reception in Canada or another honeymoon or wedding anniversary etc. etc. provide all the documents in support of above situation which you presented in the purpose, and then explain in detail why the applicant will leave Canada (if student provide all possible proofs as I did, if working provide letter from employer, approved leaves and rejoining date after leaves, salary slips showing your income and designation and copy of your return ticket showing dates just before your leaves are ending).

I think I have explained the TRV application with ref to my wfie's TRV application, but still anything not yet clear email me or post a reply here and I will try my level best to help you.
Hi Lonely husband (Though you must not be lonely anymore)

Can you please share with me the invitation letter, affidavot or any other letters that you prepared to submit to Visa office? Also , i want to ask you did you send the application through any immigration consultant or did it yourself? Will appreciate your help.

Thanks
Jass

Nov 9, 2011
Hi Jass

PM me for these specimen. If someone is joined with his / her partner, it would be a constant cause of blessing not only for them but also for me. By the way I am no loner lonely.... :D

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
Lonely Husband said:
Hi Jass

PM me for these specimen. If someone is joined with his / her partner, it would be a constant cause of blessing not only for them but also for me. By the way I am no loner lonely.... :D
Can you please send me your email id ?

And thanks for your wishes !!

Jass