+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Retired Army officers from India

EastWest

May 29, 2015
boss800 said:
After 7 months, there is change in status of application ( I linked paper application to online account). Until yesterday status was open, now it is changed to " in progress" . No medical, finger printing and other document is required. Any idea how long it can take after this status? Is this status changed after background check is completed?

Hi there, Did you get any update on your application?

boss800

Sep 22, 2016
nope, no updates..its been more than 8 months....such a frustrating process...once we get the decision either yes/no..I am going to write them feedback.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
boss800 said:
nope, no updates..its been more than 8 months....such a frustrating process...once we get the decision either yes/no..I am going to write them feedback.
Did you order the case notes? Or maybe send another CSE

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Did you order the case notes? Or maybe send another CSE
Hi Friend. Could you please answer my question

Can you please elaborate if you know what kind of security checks they do. i applied for my dad's visa who is a retired army personal and still waiting for the visa to be approved after 3 months.
Do they contact Indian army or what ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Friend. Could you please answer my question
Can you please elaborate if you know what kind of security checks they do. i applied for my dad's visa who is a retired army personal and still waiting for the visa to be approved after 3 months.
Do they contact Indian army or what ?
Hi,

IRCC can contact any third party sources for information pertaining to your dad's army tenure. I believe background checks would be more stringent if someone has worked in key defense positions.... or, was posted in border areas..... or, was handling highly-sensitive information... or had served during a war, etc

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: bobrovsky07

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,

IRCC can contact any third party sources for information pertaining to your dad's army tenure. I believe background checks would be more stringent if someone has worked in key defense positions.... or, was posted in border areas..... or, was handling highly-sensitive information... or had served during a war, etc

Cheers
thank you for the information

rahulprajpura

Jun 12, 2017
Hi Friend
Am passing through a similar situation. I applied for my father on Oct 18. There is no update till date. I inquired through a local MP and got following update.

"
The application was received at the Canadian visa office in Bangalore, India on October 18, 2016.
The review of the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements was finalized and passed on November 4, 2016.
The security verifications are still in process, in particular the Human and International Rights Violations (HIRV) portion of the security check.
No timeframe is available.

Regards,

EastWest

May 29, 2015
Hi Friend
Am passing through a similar situation. I applied for my father on Oct 18. There is no update till date. I inquired through a local MP and got following update.

"
The application was received at the Canadian visa office in Bangalore, India on October 18, 2016.
The review of the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements was finalized and passed on November 4, 2016.
The security verifications are still in process, in particular the Human and International Rights Violations (HIRV) portion of the security check.

Regards,
Thanks Rahul for sharing update on your case.

We are waiting since September 2016 and didn't get any reply to CAS inquiry or emails.

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
My Dad's application also got approved yesterday. I am not sure how long he will get the visa for. We are sending the passport tomorrow for stamping. We applied in December.

boss800

Sep 22, 2016
Finally, my parents got their passports with 2 year validity yesterday. They applied on august 23, 2016...after a year
Little before visa application anniversary..:)))

SSGhuman

Nov 27, 2014
Hello All,

Any one else from April 2017 who is still waiting for super visa to be processed. I applied online application for super visa for my parents on 12th April 2017. Medical passed iin may 2017, but after that no update still background checking in process. My father retired from army 22 years ago.
Any one have in same status.

Thanks,

SSGhuman

Nov 27, 2014
Hi Friend

"

Regards,
Hi rahul, my parents super visa case stuck in same position. Give me some idea what can i do now. I applied on april 2017, cic check background check of my father because my father retired from army 22 years ago. Please send me your contact number. I want to get some information from you.
Thanks