11th July 2014
Passport Req..
9th Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th Jan 2015
LANDED..........
23rd Feb 2015
krsenthilkumaran said:
I was following this thread for a while.

My father in law is a ex-servicemen.

We applied for his TRV on 15th feb, submitted app package in chennai office. His Visa got approved on 22nd feb.

We all are quite suprised with an early approval. We were of the imp that his visa is gng to be denied. Looks like its upto the case officer who is processing the app. :)
Hi could you give a few details about the case if you dont mind?

like when your father in law retired and did he serve in any of the borders during his tenure. just to see if it matches my case :)

Prayas

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
Hi All,

Finally good news after a long long wait. After almost waiting for 6 months for a trv, we got the passport request 2 weeks back for our parents and yesterday we received the passports back with 2 years multiple entry visa.

Can someone please clarify the visa expiry date-does it mean you need to leave Canada before that or you can come in before expiry and leave after the visa expires as per the date stamped by immigration staff.

Thanks to all on this wonderful forum for helping us on this .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's great news :)

It is the date until when someone can travel to Canada. How long they can actually stay will be determined by the CBSA officer at the POE.

When do your parents passports expire?

Prayas

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
Bryanna said:
That's great news :)

It is the date until when someone can travel to Canada. How long they can actually stay will be determined by the CBSA officer at the POE.

When do your parents passports expire?
2024, not sure why multiple entry for 2 years only.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Prayas said:
2024, not sure why multiple entry for 2 years only.
Not sure why IRCC issued TRVs to your parents for only two years.

There are some recent WPs and students whose parents have been issued MEVs until passport expiry i.e. 10 years (without any travel history)

Prayas

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
Bryanna said:
Not sure why IRCC issued TRVs to your parents for only two years.

There are some recent WPs and students whose parents have been issued MEVs until passport expiry i.e. 10 years (without any travel history)
Don't know... will wait for others with similar backgrounds to reply .
Also we will most likely apply for a super visa next year when they are in India. Will the result of super visa have any bearing on the status of this visa and are super visas issued for ten years/passport expiry or can they too be for any random term. Is it true that on super visa you can stay for 2 years only during your first visit and all subsequent visits will be maximum 6 months.

Thanks,

Prayas

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
Prayas said:
Don't know... will wait for others with similar backgrounds to reply .
Also we will most likely apply for a super visa next year when they are in India. Will the result of super visa have any bearing on the status of this visa and are super visas issued for ten years/passport expiry or can they too be for any random term. Is it true that on super visa you can stay for 2 years only during your first visit and all subsequent visits will be maximum 6 months.

Thanks,
Hello everyone,
Any help on the above mentioned queries?

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Will the result of super visa have any bearing on the status of this visa
I didn't get your question for this point.

are super visas issued for ten years/passport expiry or can they too be for any random term.
Visa validity even for a super visa is determined by the visa officer. So, it could be until the passport validity or for any other length of time.

Is it true that on super visa you can stay for 2 years only during your first visit and all subsequent visits will be maximum 6 months.
How long a visitor is allowed to stay will be decided by the CBSA officer at the POE. For a super visa, in most cases, it is for 2 years on initial entry.

If the visitor seems to be living permanently in Canada or returns to Canada after very short visits abroad then the stay may be limited/refused.

You can always apply extend your parents' visitor status when their authorized stay is coming to an end

Prayas

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
Bryanna said:
I didn't get your question for this point.

i mean if somebody has a valid trv and applies for a super visa and super visa application is rejected/declined what happens to the existing valid trv- is that too cancelled?

Mar 23, 2017
Hi,
Since this is a more apt group so i will move my queries here.
I still have not recd any reply to my CSE. I am booked to depart on 01st May 2017 to USA. How do i make sure that they complete all formalities and return the passports well in time.

Best Regards

PREVIOUS COMMUNICATION as below
------------------------------------------

Bryanna
VIP Member

Ratings: +228

Re: Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India
« Reply #1243 on: March 23, 2017, 09:04:32 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: ParveshChanderSuri on March 23, 2017, 08:50:50 am
Hello,
Me and my wife applied for Canadian Tourist Visa through VFS Ahmedabad in Paper format on 03/November/2016. We have been doing regular Follow up by Visiting VFS and also send emails. For the emails we are getting no response. VFS is also unable to respond the on our application. The Visa is getting delayed for no apparent Reason. We had already got US Visa and according we have booked our flights on 01 May 2017. Let me give further details. Our Son was in Singapore In February as his ship was docked there for repairs. We visited VFS ( In Jan) and request for our passport duly endorsed with Canada Visa so that we can utilize the passport and visit Singapore. On their Intimation by email we went to VFS and collected our passport which were not endorsed with VISA. By the time we received our passports at VFS , it was too late and late we had to cancel our Singapore trip. So we the Passports were given back to VFS on the same day and time as we were told our application is still under process. This was on 9th Feb 2017. We again visited VFS today and we are informed that our application is under process. For your information we had visted Canada in 2004 on a valid canadian Visa. Pls suggest what action do we take to get any proper response from them.

Hi,

Visiting the VFS office will not help as VFS has no influence over the visa process..... nor does VFS have access to any internal updates for your visa applications.

1. Did you serve in the defense services, police, judiciary, etc?

2. Have you lived abroad for a significant duration of time?

You can try linking your paper applications to your online MyCIC account. This will give you a more realistic idea about the processing status. The link is:

After you link your paper applications, you will not receive any emails. All updates will be notified only in the MyCIC account

Cheers

VIP Member

Ratings: +228

Re: Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India
« Reply #1255 on: March 25, 2017, 09:26:05 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: ParveshChanderSuri on March 25, 2017, 02:07:56 am
Hi Bryanna,
I have served in the Indian Army. Now i am 75 yrs old. Also i have been to Canada before. We did not have such delay last time. I have tried to link my application after creating a GC key account. But it is unable to find my application. So i have sent a case specific querry to them. Is their anything else that can be done to expedite the Visa Process.
Best Regards.
There are a number of ex-defense services applicants who are waiting for decisions.... some since August 2016 (even though they had visited Canada earlier). IRCC is most probably running background checks on your application

Here's one link:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ ParveshChanderSuri

I still have not recd any reply to my CSE. I am booked to depart on 01st May 2017 to USA. How do i make sure that they complete all formalities and return the passports well in time.
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to expedite the process. Background checks could take several months.

In the second week of April, you can request the visa office to return your passports as you have to travel to the US. Do include your US plane tickets + mention that you will resubmit your passports when the visa office requests.

Also, should you get a passport request when you're in the US, you can send your passports to the NY/LA CVAC (whichever is closer to where you will be) for TRV stamping. You don't have to return to India for visa stamping

boss800

Sep 22, 2016
Yeah..we had applied in august 2016 and my parents had visited multiple times to canada earlier still we haven't received any decision. I emailed in Feb to return our passports without withdrawing application ( we may visit USA, still not sure but good to have passport ready) to which they took almost 5-6 weeks. First they sent standard reply that volume is high, there is background check going on blah blah. Had to sent email again to return our passports. Now they are sending our passports back, haven't got any message from VFS yet..

boss800

Sep 22, 2016
After 7 months, there is change in status of application ( I linked paper application to online account). Until yesterday status was open, now it is changed to " in progress" . No medical, finger printing and other document is required. Any idea how long it can take after this status? Is this status changed after background check is completed?

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Prayas said:
Hi All,

Finally good news after a long long wait. After almost waiting for 6 months for a trv, we got the passport request 2 weeks back for our parents and yesterday we received the passports back with 2 years multiple entry visa.

Can someone please clarify the visa expiry date-does it mean you need to leave Canada before that or you can come in before expiry and leave after the visa expires as per the date stamped by immigration staff.

Thanks to all on this wonderful forum for helping us on this .

Hi Can you please elaborate if you know what kind of security checks they do. i applied for my dad's visa who is a retired army personal and still waiting for the visa to be approved after 3 months.
Do they contact Indian army or what ?