+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for provincial nominee holder

Erfan2108

Oct 17, 2021
I am currently in Canada under implied status, applied for PGWP. I am also employed full-time for 3 months now. My wife however, lives back in Iran. She is currently unemployed.

I have applied for a visitor visa for her twice and both application were refused, once on Nov 30th, 2021 and the other one on Dec 10th, 2021. The reasons for both refusal were purpose of travel and ties to home country. The first application requested a stay for a period of 6 months and the only ties mentioned was her family back in our home country. The second application requested a stay for a period of 4 weeks and we included a future employment, future lease agreement, and the ownership of a property as ties to home country.

We have recently received our provincial nomination certificate through OINP but I am still waiting for my PGWP, it should arrive in 2-3 weeks. I would like to know what would be the best next step, should we apply for a SOWP or another TRV? How should we best address previous refusals? Any help or a reference to a professional who can help would be truly appreciated.