+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for PGWP holder

nandikaravi21

Dec 12, 2018
Hi folks,

I just applied to get my TRV, to be able to travel and return to Canada. I had a few questions with regards to this.

I've applied from inside Canada and the processing time says 173 days- will there be further delays (this is for the folks who've already applied)?
Also I read somewhere that people who have a Canadian student visa/Work permit can travel to the USA and return, even without a TRV- is that true?

Can I also go to the USA and apply for my TRV from there since it's sooner? :)

Thanks,

syed3025

Feb 25, 2022
Hi folks,

I just applied to get my TRV, to be able to travel and return to Canada. I had a few questions with regards to this.

I've applied from inside Canada and the processing time says 173 days- will there be further delays (this is for the folks who've already applied)?
Also I read somewhere that people who have a Canadian student visa/Work permit can travel to the USA and return, even without a TRV- is that true?

Can I also go to the USA and apply for my TRV from there since it's sooner? :)

Thanks,
Hello Kindly update on your experiences as I also have same issue and need to return urgently to Canada. I have a valid PGWP but expired TRV. So tell me how did you manage to enter Canada ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Kindly update on your experiences as I also have same issue and need to return urgently to Canada. I have a valid PGWP but expired TRV. So tell me how did you manage to enter Canada ?
If you read the OP‘s posts. Applied in August and got approved in December.