+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Parents Visa

aseemsetia29

Feb 20, 2018
Hi guys,
I am applying for my parents TRV by showing the reason of my upcoming birthday in June and for tourism in Canada. I am a PR holder since February 2019. I am single here.

1. is the above said reason is good enough to invite my parents here as being single here? So that they can join me on my birthday.

2. We have our family business back in India and my younger brother is the sole owner of our business on the papers. My father joins him in the business.
whenever I am creating the profile for TRV and I select “businessman” for my father occupation then it asks for business registration license copy to be attached there, which my father doesn’t have?

What should I mention there in the occupation section?

Please advise back with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
I am applying for my parents TRV by showing the reason of my upcoming birthday in June and for tourism in Canada. I am a PR holder since February 2019. I am single here.

1. is the above said reason is good enough to invite my parents here as being single here? So that they can join me on my birthday.

2. We have our family business back in India and my younger brother is the sole owner of our business on the papers. My father joins him in the business.
whenever I am creating the profile for TRV and I select “businessman” for my father occupation then it asks for business registration license copy to be attached there, which my father doesn’t have?

What should I mention there in the occupation section?

Please advise back with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks
In terms of occupation your father should put what type of work he does at the business. Visit to see you or because it is your birthday is fine. They should ask for no longer than 2-3 weeks and include a detailed itineraryabout what they plan on doing today. Your parents will need to show that they have enough liquid savings to pay for the trip without draining their savings. They should also show any ties they have to your home country like property, family (they may care for elderly relatives), etc.

aseemsetia29

Feb 20, 2018
In terms of occupation your father should put what type of work he does at the business. Visit to see you or because it is your birthday is fine. They should ask for no longer than 2-3 weeks and include a detailed itineraryabout what they plan on doing today. Your parents will need to show that they have enough liquid savings to pay for the trip without draining their savings. They should also show any ties they have to your home country like property, family (they may care for elderly relatives), etc.
He is working with my brother in our family business, but when I choose “businessman” under his occupation then in the document section, there is a section to upload “business registration/license document”, which my father doesn’t have as the business ownership is under my brother’s name.

what should be done in this case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He is working with my brother in our family business, but when I choose “businessman” under his occupation then in the document section, there is a section to upload “business registration/license document”, which my father doesn’t have as the business ownership is under my brother’s name.

what should be done in this case?
He is not a businessman. Does he help with the finances? If so he could be a bookeeper or accountant. Does he sell products? Could be in sales. As I said before you need to select what kind of job he does at the business.

aseemsetia29

Feb 20, 2018
He is into the sales and finances both.. can my father show all his income getting through this business in cash mode?? He also has his last 2 years of ITRs which I’ll attach with his application.

will this work??

don’t you think a father is working under his son’s ownership can create a problem??

do I hv to mention that a few years back, my father transferred the business ownership to my bro’s name due to some personal reasons?

please advise.
thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He is into the sales and finances both.. can my father show all his income getting through this business in cash mode?? He also has his last 2 years of ITRs which I’ll attach with his application.

will this work??

don’t you think a father is working under his son’s ownership can create a problem??

do I hv to mention that a few years back, my father transferred the business ownership to my bro’s name due to some personal reasons?

please advise.
thanks
In terms of occupation you will have to chose the role that best fits what he actually does on a daily basis at the company. Cash is typical in many countries so if it is typical then it should be fine especially given he has his tax records. Passing on a family business to a child is definitely not unheard of. It is slightly unusual that the parent would keep working there full-time and would not retire or start working part-time. I would suggest including a host explanation of why the business was transferred when it was while your father remains working full-time.