+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Parents*** Refused twice..NEED HELP!

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Dear Helpful forum Users,

I am in need of your opinions and suggestions for temporary visit visa to Canada from Pakistan.
I have already applied their visa twice and got the refusal with the same reasons below:
1: Travel History
2: Family ties in Canada and in country of residence

I am in Canada myself with my family (Spouse + Child) on a postgraduate work permit and working full time. Both times i attached all the letters from my parents side and mine also, but did not succeed to get the visa. I applied with all of my visa copies ( work permit etc), my monthly pay slips for past four months , job letter to show i am at permanent work, apartment lease letter, pretty good bank statements and a notarized invitation letter to invite them and to attend the celebration party of my new born child in Canada.
From my parents side, we provided my father's job letter, bank statements with for past 5 months and very stable account balance, proof of residence in Pakistan, copies of their visa that they traveled twice outside Pakistan.

Can anyone please help me pointing out, where am i going wrong that my parent's visa is getting refused for the same reasons twice.
P.S. As i am a foreign worker in Canada , therefore i did not apply Super VISA for my parents. In addition to that, my other two siblings are also living in Canada, one is on a spouse work permit and other is at student Visa.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Sorry to hear your parents were refused twice. It's not surprising though. IMO, the concern points are;
1. Family ties: With you, your family, and your siblings in Canada.... the family ties of your parents are stronger than those in Pakistan

2. Purpose of visit: Celebration party of your newborn = not a compelling reason to visit + indicates your parents may overstay

Your parents must demonstrate that they have strong financials and other ties. Not yourself.

Do share:
1. Do your parents live with other immediate family. For example, dependent grandparents or any other siblings

2. Do your parents own property or land in Pakistan?

3. For how long did they want to visit?

4. Which countries did they visit earlier?

5. What reasons can your parents prove to show they must return to Pakistan?

Cheers

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Sorry to hear your parents were refused twice. It's not surprising though. IMO, the concern points are;Thank you for asking me such wonderful question and showing interest in my case. I have noticed , after reading this forum, that i am not the only one who is facing refusal from CIC TWICE for the same case. But i would say that every case is unique in its on way, therefore i would like to explain a bit about mine.
1. Family ties: With you, your family, and your siblings in Canada.... the family ties of your parents are stronger than those in Pakistan..Yes, I agree that all the children of my parents are in Canada therefore it makes sense that they might not go back. But its not true in reality , as they have a life in Pakistan and they do want to go back. What i can not figure out is, "how i clarify this to Visa officer who will look only at the documents provided?"

2. Purpose of visit: Celebration party of your newborn = not a compelling reason to visit + indicates your parents may overstay. you might be right here, but what other reason can i state for them to come and see their first grandchild, as this is what we want and that's what they plan to do. How do i make sure that they wonot over stay. What i provided was a permanent job letter from my father's empoyer showing clearing that he has been working with them for past 25 years and will continue to work upon his return. And mother is a land lord so she has to come and take care of her family business. I also attached the copies of her land documents.

Your parents must demonstrate that they have strong financials and other ties. Not yourself. They did show that, and they also showed a continuous flow of cash in the account for past five months . Their bank statement were very stable, and also mentioned in the letter of explanation that this money is a revenue from the agricultural business.

Do share:
1. Do your parents live with other immediate family. For example, dependent grandparents or any other siblings. My gandfather , who is dependent on my parents for his healthcare , lives with them but i did not show that in my visa. Do you think i should do that?

2. Do your parents own property or land in Pakistan?They do and i did attach a lot of documents form both sides

3. For how long did they want to visit? As per my invitation letter, i invited them to come and stay with us for a 1 month.

4. Which countries did they visit earlier? Both my parents visited Saudi Arabia twice for the religious purposes, and they came back to their country on time. If you say that they have to improve their travel history then I don't think they are planning to go anywhere soon , just to improve their travel history for visit visa of Canada

5. What reasons can your parents prove to show they must return to Pakistan? What they showed in their previous application was that my father has to come and resume his job duties and my mother has to take care of the farming business.
But that business of her's does not have any prove as most of it runs on Cash in our country and for cash their are very few proofs that we can provide. and in addition to that ,she does not handle alone but its among all of her siblings. Therefore explaining it would be hard and complex in the documents. Could not think of another reason, to be honest!

So could you please help me in any way you think we can make their case stronger? I would much appreciate and help!

Cheers