+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Parents | January 2023 applicaiton | Need inputs.

harryIsBrahmachari

Feb 26, 2015
India
Hello All,
Need your inputs

Hosts' Information:
My sister is residing in Canada with her husband.
They both are PR and own a house as well. They are earning CAD 60000 per year together.
They are expecting baby in April 2023 and my sister wants to invite parents for the support.

Applicants information:
My parents will plan to visit between 10th April 2023 till 1st July 2023 (roughly 3 months)

They already visited Canada twice 2019 and 2015 and returned back after their stay (Now visa is expired)

Background information about application:
  1. My father is a retired pensioner and he has 12000 CAD (7 to 8 Lacs INR) in his savings account as of today.
  2. My father has 2 apartments and few other assets such as (Agricultural land, car, pension savings etc) on his name.
  3. He got the letter from bank showing balance in CAD and 6 months statement.
  4. He also got affidavit notarized stating his assets in India and their valuation in INR as well as CAD.
  5. I am the only son with family in India and they need to come back to India.
  6. My parents want to be a part of this great moment for our entire family and provide emotional support to my sister.
    In letter of invitation he clearly explained his Strong ties to home country on the basis of above points.
My mother is a homemaker and she is dependent on my father for all type of expenses.
I have clearly mentioned that in IRCC TRV application questionnaire as well.
On a safer side I have also attached hosts (my sister and her husband finance info such as paystubs, bank statements, letter from employer and house agreement)

----
My questions are as follows:
  1. How much funds should I show for my mother ?
    I assume it is zero as she is completely dependent on my father and for father's application I have mentioned 12000 CAD balance. is it correct ?
  2. I am attaching a cover letter for my mother application stating that my father is taking care of all expenses.
    Is attaching all my father's finance documents separately under her application OK ?
  3. No where IRCC asks about applicant's funds related info , is it normal ? To be on safer side I have attached all the funds related documents under "Additional document" section of my father as well as mother's applications.
  4. As per previous threads I have seen that mentioning "hosts will take care of expenses of parents in Canada" is little risky and may lead to rejection.
    Instead I am using following statement in letter:
    "My parents are self-sufficient to take care of their expenses while in Canada and they do not need any kind of financial support from us (i.e. hosts)."
    If so what precautons I need to take to support this claim (apart from funds) ?
Any feedback is most welcome.

Reactions: Pinkman

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thats's not true. Even If you hold a visitor visa for Canada or USA in the past, you have to show the financial documents. TRV for any country is not granted without a financial proof
Clearly, you have issues with reading comprehension. Read the question from OP and my response again. OP is asking why the field to upload POF is not available.

Have you even tried filling the online form. Try choosing that you have a current US visa and try the form by choosing you do not have current US visa and see the difference.

And also read about CAN+ and see instructions on CAN+.

Reactions: harryIsBrahmachari

harryIsBrahmachari

Feb 26, 2015
India
Chill out dude! No need to get personal here. Btw I checked and didn't find what you are claiming in GCKEY ; Although the thing that you are mentioning is present on IRCC Portal. They do not ask for proof funds if you have a canada visa or US non-immigrant visa, because it gets eligible for CAN+. I dunno why this feature is not there on Gckey portal
Appreciate your time and efforts to experiment with GCKey.

harryIsBrahmachari

Feb 26, 2015
India
Clearly, you have issues with reading comprehension. Read the question from OP and my response again. OP is asking why the field to upload POF is not available.

Have you even tried filling the online form. Try choosing that you have a current US visa and try the form by choosing you do not have current US visa and see the difference.

And also read about CAN+ and see instructions on CAN+.

Thanks.
I was completely unaware of CAN+ program.
This is the reason I am a big fan of this forum.

Now I understood why it was not asking anything about financial information of applicant. Huh !
But still on safer side I have attached my parents (father's documents) documents showing 12000 CAD and other assets with their CAD based valuation.

Reactions: Pinkman

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi need some insights. my father in law is a seafarer. anyone here who fill up travel history on imm5562, how do u fill up travel history if ur a sea farer. thanks

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
  1. My parents want to be a part of this great moment for our entire family and provide emotional support to my siste

2. what I have seen is that parents are sometimes denied because IRCC thinks they are going to come to come to Canada and will wish to remain as caregivers. I would not emphasize this part of the application. I'm not a lawyer and not trying to give legal advice, just talking from experience.

harryIsBrahmachari

Feb 26, 2015
India
TRV done.

Application date: 16th January 2023.
IRCC ack: 16th January 2023.
Biometrics Letter Request: 17th Jan 2023.
Biometrics submitted: Feb 7th 2023.
Biometrics update on IRCC portal: 9th Feb 2023.
Original passport request: Feb 16th 2023.

Planning to submit the passports via courier.