+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for New born

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Dear Forum members & Moderators,

I hope you are well ? I would like to get the TRV for my new born baby. We whole family already have a valid TRV and US visa. Although as per the waiver policy my new born baby also got the US visa as well. We intend to travel US in end of December and following to this trip we would also like to visit Canada. Kindly advise how do I get the visa for my baby?

Kind Regards

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Apply for a visitor visa. Depending where you live processing can be up to a year or more.
Applying from Pakistan. So we have to follow the same normal process , nothing which can expedite the procedure ? Aren’t there any exceptions for the infants , as already comes under CAN+ category.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Am I eligible to apply for a visa ? What primary documents do I need to apply online application. As I mentioned previously that my whole family have valid Canada TRV except this new born.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Am I eligible to apply for a visa ? What primary documents do I need to apply online application. As I mentioned previously that my whole family have valid Canada TRV except this new born.
You can apply for your infant’s visa. All information is on the IRCC website.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
As mentioned above, you can apply. It will be process as other visitor visa application. A new born doesn't have special pirority.

Actually, it's a little surprised that you plan to travel with an infant in Dec during the pandemic.... well, it's your choice.

Last edited:

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
As mentioned above, you can apply. It will be process as other visitor visa application. A new born doesn't have special pirority.

Actually, it's a little surprised that you plan to travel with an infant in Dec during the pandemic.... well, it's your choice.
Actually we going US and intend to travel Canada for 4 days in somewhere in January but only after considering the situation at that time. So if my infant have the visa it will be more easier to travel as a family.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Actually I have a plan to attend some exhibition in Canada and my family will also accompany me in Canada so I am still confused which option shall I choose from the questionnaire as I already have the visa and it’s for my infant. However I did find that the new irrc portal is much efficient and if you choose an option that you already have a valid us non-immigrant visa then it also short the form I mean you dont need to submit the proof of funds so I found the newer form more easier and less complicated but don’t know if I am eligible to fill this form to obtain the visitor visa for my infant. Your advise and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually I have a plan to attend some exhibition in Canada and my family will also accompany me in Canada so I am still confused which option shall I choose from the questionnaire as I already have the visa and it’s for my infant. However I did find that the new irrc portal is much efficient and if you choose an option that you already have a valid us non-immigrant visa then it also short the form I mean you dont need to submit the proof of funds so I found the newer form more easier and less complicated but don’t know if I am eligible to fill this form to obtain the visitor visa for my infant. Your advise and suggestions are highly appreciated.
The issue is that applications are being prioritized so you can use the new portal if eligible.