+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for my spouse

hsingh

Feb 2, 2011
Hello everyone,
I need your help guys. I had finished my 2 years diploma in April 2010 and after that I got a 3 years post graduation work permit upto 2013. I am working too since june 2010 in afiled of my studies. Now i got married in dec 2010 and i want to apply for TRV for my spouse. Right now she is working back home in India. She did bachleors there and she is too working in her field of study since May 2010. Can u please advice me what i have to show to show her good ties with India, right now she is living with my parents. I want to know can my parents show their property and bank balances and write a affidavit of support for her to show ties. Secondly she has fresh account there before marriage she was almost dependent on her parents. I want to know how much money she has to show for her visit too. please reply.
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can she get a letter from the employer stating that she has a full time job since such and such date and that she is expected to return from her vacation on date x? That would help. If you write her an invitation letter showing your bank balances and salary, I don't think they would deny you because of lack of funds. Showing strong ties is harder.

hsingh

Feb 2, 2011
thanks leon,she will get that from her employer.
As she is living with my parents, can we show that she has to take care of my parents there.
Secondly is it possible to show my parents bank accounts and property for her and get a affividavit of support from my parents for her finicial support.
She has a bank account but its very new and she had huge deposits in that account which was done by her parents.
And also how much she has to show for her visit to Canada as it is a quetion in the TRV application form.

Thanks and please help me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, she can show all of the above.

I don't know the CIC budget for a tourist. She does not need to stay in a hotel so if she has 2,000 it should be more than enough for a months visit. A student only needs to show 10,000 plus tuition.

hsingh

Feb 2, 2011
ok thanks leon.
do i have to show notarized letter of support from me or i just write by my own.
second as i am living on a rent, do i have to provide something from my landlord and what i need in that letter from my landlord.
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can write a letter by yourself. Include a copy of your lease, last 3 payslips and bank statement.

hsingh

Feb 2, 2011
ok thanks Leon.
one more thing, i had too applied for provincial program and got a file number, can i mention about that too.
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I believe your spouse must say on her TRV application if she has applied for PR and since she is on your application, she should say that and give the file number.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
@hsingh:
just to set the right expectations: The chances that she's going to get a TRV are very slim unless she's has a very good reason to return to her home country (a job only - especially at entry level is by far not sufficient).

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
anybody please tell me what i will attach to show her ties to home country
i dont know what you can attach. but in general what makes a person going back to his/her home country? it's things that one has built/gained over the years requiring much effort and which are difficult to give up:
an excellent job including a far above average salary, high social status, an established profitable business, assests such as property or exp. car, unfinished business/studies at uni/school, etc.
it also might include an established family (husband, under-aged kids, etc.), social obligations/committments, etc.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I have a similar situation like hsingh. The differences are that I still did not receive any CIC file no. and my wife was rejected once last year while I was student and graduating. She may apply again this summer even though the chances are slim (I never knew this before joining here :))

I have a doubt here though. If she is rejected again, will it affect our Immigration Process? I've heard from this forum (from my other topic) that it generally doesn't play a role in immigration decision making. But since the chances of getting a TRV for my wife is shallow, is it overall a good idea just not to apply before immigration?

I just don't want to willingly jeopardize our immigration chances.