+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for my dependents child 1 year old

Vijayanand v

Nov 20, 2021
Dear All,

My I got visa stamping done ICT work permit , and my wife's petition still in process, athe the time of applying my child was 8 months old so I could not add her to gather while filing.

Need some experts advise on my situation or someone faced this earlier

I Can go first and apply for my daughter so that her visa application faster and smooth ?
Or
I can do from india it self ? If so I'm doing from india then what all doc I need to support her application and fund proof can I show my ind pay slip and job offer .

Kind help with this query.
Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All,

My I got visa stamping done ICT work permit , and my wife's petition still in process, athe the time of applying my child was 8 months old so I could not add her to gather while filing.

Need some experts advise on my situation or someone faced this earlier

I Can go first and apply for my daughter so that her visa application faster and smooth ?
Or
I can do from india it self ? If so I'm doing from india then what all doc I need to support her application and fund proof can I show my ind pay slip and job offer .

Kind help with this query.
Thanks in advance.
is your wife apply for OWP? You can apply for your daughter’s TRV from India if you want. It could take months for your wife to get an OWP so your employer may not be willing to wait forever for you to start working in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Canuck78 , for my wife they applied for TRV as DV only.
There is no such thing as a dependent visa it is just a normal visitor visa. Not sure why your child wasn’t included on your wife’s TRV. Your employer should have really applied for an OWP for your spouse even if she has no intention to work. She should start the process of applying for an OWP if she plans on remaining in Canada with you and not just going for a visit. Your baby is fine with a TRV.