TRV for mother

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There,

Could any one please suggest me if it will be a good idea for me to apply for mother's TRV from Bangladesh.

I am a Canadian PR card holder since 2015. I have a family members of 3 living in Canada and i can not apply for a SUPER VISA for her as I do not meet the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO). We recently got a new baby daughter born in our family and my plan is that if she could come visit my new one.

She has never traveled to any other countries before.

Some generous suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Golam

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. For how long would your mom like to visit?

2. What will you write as the purpose of her visit?

3. What ties can she show to Bangladesh: Employment/business, property/land ownership or lease agreement, dependent family members, financial situation, etc?

4. Can she prove she has CAD 1000 per week of visit + airfare of her own..... without borrowing it from anyone/any money transferred by you?

Cheers

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much.

Plan for a month stay.
Would invite her to see her new born grand daughter.

Money should be okay. She is a home maker though. Does she need a source to show how she arrange the finance to travel?

We have a small poultry firm business in the country side but does not have a trade licence. And she does not pay taxes on the poutry income.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Would invite her to see her new born grand daughter.
Do be careful. It must not sound like your mom is coming to take care of your baby.... as this is considered as illegal work while on a TRV.

I suggest you draw up a day-by-day itinerary listing tourist places, meeting friends/family, etc.... and do not limit the purpose of visit to 'see your baby'.

Also keep her visit to 2-3 weeks

Money should be okay. She is a home maker though. Does she need a source to show how she arrange the finance to travel?
Yes. The visa officer would like to see if she can pay for her visit with her own finances without borrowing from anyone.

If she does not have any finances of her own then you can consider including a Letter of Financial Support from your dad + his bank statement + money transferred from his bank account to your mom's bank account with an explanation.

We have a small poultry firm business in the country side but does not have a trade licence. And she does not pay taxes on the poultry income.
Your mom must demonstrate some ties to Bangladesh:
1. Does she own any property/land? Or have a rent agreement in her name?
2. Any immediate family who are dependent on her? For example, she lives with your dad and siblings who go to school/college
3. Does she have any financial investments? Bank term deposits, shares, pension funds, etc
4. Can she prove she must return by a specific date?

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much Bryanna.

Quote 1: sure i can limit her visit to 3 weeks time and will draw a day day itinerary listing

Quote 2: My father is deceased. My dad was a Government employee so my mother receives a very little amount of pension from the govt. But it is definitely not enough to travel to Canada.

Quote 3:

1. We have some land we can show in her name
2. I have a blood brother who is an adult. My mother lives with my brother's family. My brother has a 9 yrs old kid
3. She does not have any investment in the bank except for a small poultry firm business
4. This is a good question. My best answer would be an explanation letter saying that she will be back to home after the visit.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your mom can include proofs of your dad's pension..... including any evidence to show she must return to renew the pension (if it's the case).

1. Is it agricultural land or a plot of land to construct a house/shop? Is it registered in your mom's name?

2. Your brother can provide a Letter of Financial Support + other evidence which I have mentioned in the previous post.
If your brother and his wife are employed then you can include proofs to show that his son is dependent on your mom for his well-being,

3. The poultry business does not help..... it's not registered + no taxes

4. Unfortunately, your answer that she will return after her visit.... will not convince the visa officer. You must include some evidence/event to prove this.

IMO your mom's chances of getting a TRV are not high..... you will have to work hard to prove her strong ties

Cheers

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. land is an agricultural land under my mom's name

2. actually my brother lives in middle east on work visa, he can help paying my mother's trip.

thanks