+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for immediate family member (India)

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
I am a Canadian citizen. After IRCC announced reunification for immediate family members, my common-law partner applied for a TRV on June 23rd. She already had her biometrics since before (past application refusal). Biometrics valid till Feb 2030. Anyway, we got an approval and it said we'd heard back from the New Delhi mission on next steps.
She also received a letter from IRCC stating that she does not require written authorization to travel to Canada since she is an immediate family member. Now almost 5 months and no response from them.

Wondering - with the latest announcement that VACs will resume services and prioritize family class and students -- does a TRV to reunite with immediate family fall under family class? Are the VACs touching TRV applicants that put "Covid-19" on their IMM5257?

Date of Application: June 23, 2020
Date of approval: June 30, 2020

akhilvarma90

May 14, 2017
Kochi, Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Nomination.....
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-05
Passport Req..
01-09-2017
Same issue with me. My wife applied for TRV and got a biometric request letter but the VACs are not allowing her to book an appointment for biometrics.

Has anyone got their TRV biometrics done in India recently?

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
I am a Canadian citizen. After IRCC announced reunification for immediate family members, my common-law partner applied for a TRV on June 23rd. She already had her biometrics since before (past application refusal). Biometrics valid till Feb 2030. Anyway, we got an approval and it said we'd heard back from the New Delhi mission on next steps.
She also received a letter from IRCC stating that she does not require written authorization to travel to Canada since she is an immediate family member. Now almost 5 months and no response from them.

Wondering - with the latest announcement that VACs will resume services and prioritize family class and students -- does a TRV to reunite with immediate family fall under family class? Are the VACs touching TRV applicants that put "Covid-19" on their IMM5257?

Date of Application: June 23, 2020
Date of approval: June 30, 2020
ello guys.

I appreciate all the information that you have shared. I am in this situation: I'm a permanent resident of Canada, I recently got married and I would like my spouse to come to Canada as Visitor. She is currently not working and she is staying at my family's house in the States (she is not American). Under the "Financial Resource Supporter Letter" I have mentioned that I have been supporting her and I will be paying all her expenses during her visit to Canada, plus adding my Financial Statements and net worth asset in the document.

I really would like to reunite with her, and eventually we would like to do the inland sponsorship. She has done her biometric last year one time that her visa was rejected (back then we were not married and she was coming for a Diploma study)

1.What are the odds of her Visa to be accepted even though she is not working and probably cannot show too much of funds?
2.Would the last biometrics that she has done be considerable for this new application?
3.What documents should I take care and strength it for the application?
4.What is the average time that the application is taking?

I deeply appreciate all the information that you could help me with in this important process.

Blesses :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
ello guys.

I appreciate all the information that you have shared. I am in this situation: I'm a permanent resident of Canada, I recently got married and I would like my spouse to come to Canada as Visitor. She is currently not working and she is staying at my family's house in the States (she is not American). Under the "Financial Resource Supporter Letter" I have mentioned that I have been supporting her and I will be paying all her expenses during her visit to Canada, plus adding my Financial Statements and net worth asset in the document.

I really would like to reunite with her, and eventually we would like to do the inland sponsorship. She has done her biometric last year one time that her visa was rejected (back then we were not married and she was coming for a Diploma study)

1.What are the odds of her Visa to be accepted even though she is not working and probably cannot show too much of funds?
2.Would the last biometrics that she has done be considerable for this new application?
3.What documents should I take care and strength it for the application?
4.What is the average time that the application is taking?

I deeply appreciate all the information that you could help me with in this important process.

Blesses :)

Biometrics can be used from previous application. Her chances of approval are worse than last year because she is not working and living in her home country and has now married a Canadian PR so clearly not a temporary visitor. Would suggest starting the sponsorship process as soon as possible.

Reactions: UnRefugiado

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Thank you for your reply.

I will start with sponsorship application as soon as possible. I was wondering, for the sponsorship application, is the evaluation more flexible for her in terms of her financial and employment situation?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply.

I will start with sponsorship application as soon as possible. I was wondering, for the sponsorship application, is the evaluation more flexible for her in terms of her financial and employment situation?

Thank you
Not sure what you mean? There is no requirement in terms of her financial or employment situation. You only need to show that you can support your family without government help and you’re not receiving social assistance.

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Not sure what you mean? There is no requirement in terms of her financial or employment situation. You only need to show that you can support your family without government help and you’re not receiving social assistance.
Good, thank you. I thought that for the sponsorship application they also look into her financials to get approved. Good to know that is going to be just from my end. Thank you