+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Filipino Applicants' Timeline and Plans <PLS JOIN>

rowan_baby41

May 14, 2013
hi guys! my documents for trv were picked up last april 16. up to now, wala pa results:( im getting really worried na, i dont know why it's taking so long :(

thatie

May 17, 2013
I have to take the SEC Assessment at Kwantlen in BC but I'm hesitant to apply for TRV without knowing my chances. Anybody here who has been through this? appreciate the info

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
hello rowan_baby41

hows your app na? any update? sana maging okay apply mo. usually within 2 weeks after documents pickup e may result na cla agad.

rowan_baby41

May 14, 2013
hello! thanks for asking:) yes i got my visa last week. when i brought my docs to my travel agent, she told me that she will have it picked up on april 16 but due to some office issues, my docs were picked up a week later instead. it was delivered on 14 days after pick up:) in my application, i declared that i am visiting my boyfriend so the unusually long waiting time got me really worried!

chazed

May 22, 2013
I applied for a TRV for my Fiancee and our son, but they got denied. We even went with an agency to help with the application and agency did not do anything. From the looks of if the agency was a fraud.

Can someone please help us step by step. We want to apply for TRV once again.
What do we need to do.

Thanks

rowan_baby41

May 14, 2013
hi chazed, did you declare that she is your fiancee? if yes, there is a big probability that that's the reason for their refusal. given her circumstances, she must present a rock solid financial and family ties to the Philippines to convince the embassy that she and your son won't overstay in canada. regarding trv application, you can google "embassy of canada manila" for the procedure. sorry i cannot post links here.

chazed

May 22, 2013
rowan_baby41 said:
hi chazed, did you declare that she is your fiancee? if yes, there is a big probability that that's the reason for their refusal. given her circumstances, she must present a rock solid financial and family ties to the Philippines to convince the embassy that she and your son won't overstay in canada. regarding trv application, you can google "embassy of canada manila" for the procedure. sorry i cannot post links here.
Yes, i did declare that she is my fiancee, but the purpose of the TRV was to spend some time with my son. From the refusal letter, they got denied because of no travel experience outside philippines. If we apply again we will probably get the same result, because of no travel experience. Any suggestions?

Thanks

rowan_baby41

May 14, 2013
i think there's a big chance that she might get denied again as there wont be major changes in her profile. of course it is up to you if you want to try again. i suggest you heed to the reason stated in the refusal and allow them first to travel in asian countries. in my humble opinion, it might be better if those countries require a visa application like south korea or china but of course travels to hk, thailand and other visa free countries will also help. in your next application, make sure she has strong financial and economic ties to the philippines that will prove that she will not violate her visa terms. given that she is declared as your fiancee, the embassy will obviously have a strong notion that she will marry you in canada and overstay. good luck!:)

Chabugay

May 25, 2013
Hello, I'm a PR here in Canada and married to a canadian citizen for 5 years and I want to invite my mother to visit us for single entry app. We will be the one to shoulder the expenses, we have enough fund in the bank but the problem is we do not meet the requirement for the annual income requirements of cic (LICO). Is there's a possibility that she will be given a visit visa provided the reason in our letter of invitation is the span of years of not seeing her and not meeting her grandchildren since birth?

rowan_baby41

May 14, 2013
it's a valid reason but as always, only the visa officers can ultimately decide on it. in your invitation letter, you must declare who will pay the expenses of her trip. whoever it is, his/her proof on income, bank certificates etc must be included in her application package. honestly in the couple of times i've applied for trv and im pretty oc about it since i don't want to be denied and waste money, i havent read anything from their website that states that a sponsor of a TRV must meet LICO so i think as long as you have enough funds to cover her trip without it causing a big dent to your family budget, i guess that's fine. sorry im not from canada so i guess just base it on how much your mother's daily expense will be and of course the occasional sightseeing since she's a tourist.

also provide evidence of strong financial and family ties in the philippines so they won't suspect her of violating her visa terms. good luck!:)

Chabugay

May 25, 2013
Good Day,

I am planning to invite my mama to come here in Vancouver, single entry lang po ang apply ko para sa kanya...medyo nasa low income pa po kami, pero meron naman kaming konting savings sa bank...ok lang po ba kung letter of employment at bank statement ang attached namin sa application or kailangan talaga pati T4/or notice of assesment pa.

JGS

Star Member
Jan 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello po!

Mga Kuya and Ate, baka naman po pwedi mag patulong sa TRV application. Ano po lahat ng form need namin icomplete? Form for sponsor? Form for applicant? Salamat po :D

Chabugay

May 25, 2013
Pwede ko po makuha yung call center na tinatawagan for pick up ng documents? Yung mama ko po sa legazpi bicol pa...ano po yung pagkaka iba kung ipadala na lang sa dhl or pa pick up pa po sa call center