+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for child, how do I proceed with PR application?

sansun

Apr 17, 2013
Hi- Been visiting tons of posts about TRPs and the processes for PR application- could not find any for a child on a 6 month TRV. Can someone please help.

Situation: My wife, son and I hold PR cards issued in Jun 2010 and returned to India in July 2010 due to unavoidable circumstances. We'd applied for and received a single entry 6 months TRV for my 2 year old daughter. We are all planning to travel to Canada in May 2013, and sponsor my daughter from there.

Can someone pl advice how we should proceed with the application- should it be inland or outland? While applying for her PR would she be considered as living outside Canada since she is on a visitor visa (and hence we should send the application sent to Mississauga, Ontario)? If either which is faster?

Thank you in advance.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to apply out land.
The sponsorship application should be submitted once you arrive in Canada to the CPC Mississauga.
Usually a sponsorship may take almost one year. The problem is your child is only having a 6 months visitor visa (TRV). However, you can request the immigration officer at your Canadian port of entry to sanction your child with an extended period. If God willing ( I wish so) the officer may give more time.

sansun

Apr 17, 2013
Thank you Wilson! Both for you advice and wishes.
The documents checklist for this application asks for a 'Proof of medical exam of the sponsored person'. My daughter is 2 years old. So does that mean I should have the medical exam done in India before we travel, so I can submit result along with the application to CPC Mississauga?
Thanks in advance.