+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

trv expired..

vrixer

Jun 8, 2010
hi there
im in BC canada waiting for my PR application, i have a new valid WP, but my TRV has expired last oct 3 2010, do i need to apply for a new TRV? how can i do that?
Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Send your application to Seattle.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA

vrixer said:
hi there
im in BC canada waiting for my PR application, i have a new valid WP, but my TRV has expired last oct 3 2010, do i need to apply for a new TRV? how can i do that?
Thanks

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
i'm not gonna tell you to do the same but my husband is in the same situation as you except for your location, what he did was:

called the CIC call center to ask what he should do and they said to apply for extension of his work permit

when he asked about his TRV, they said that he does not need to apply for renewal because his application for PR is in process and is in the late stages already (meds done, waiting for PPR)

but they said that if he plans to leave the country, for a vacation or something, he should definitely apply for a TRV so that he will be allowed entry into Canada again.

He has no plans of leaving Canada until our PR application is finalized so what he sent in is the application for work permit extension only.

To anyone who knows more about this, please let me know if the advise we got was inaccurate...

Thanks, :)

vrixer

Jun 8, 2010
@jobseeker
so i tried to fill up form imm 5257 but on the 7th box in the current country of residence there is no canada option but im still in canada though what will i do? it should be filled up correctly to be validated and to get the bar codes..
need help..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funny. Canada's not included but probably because you are supposed to be applying for a visa outside of the country. Anyway it is possible to add/print more pages of a particular page in case the spaces provided is not enough so you can leave those that don't have the info from the drop down menus and write the info when you print it.

vrixer said:
@ jobseeker
so i tried to fill up form imm 5257 but on the 7th box in the current country of residence there is no canada option but im still in canada though what will i do? it should be filled up correctly to be validated and to get the bar codes..
need help..

vrixer

Jun 8, 2010
@jobseeker
yeah thats what i thought, that you should be outside canada to use the form.. and the problem is if you leave it blank and just write on it, it can't be validated at the end because there is a validation button at the last page to verify if you filled it up properly and then after that if all are correct it will give you the bar codes

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/5257.asp

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
This is a new form. You can still print the form with the information that you have entered but without the validation, and enter the current country of residence by hand without the bar code. Whoever designed the form did not foresee that workers in Canada would have to renew TRVs. CIC probably is trying to save on manpower/data entry time :)

quote author=vrixer link=topic=55746.msg466622#msg466622 date=1287577615]
@ jobseeker
yeah thats what i thought, that you should be outside canada to use the form.. and the problem is if you leave it blank and just write on it, it can't be validated at the end because there is a validation button at the last page to verify if you filled it up properly and then after that if all are correct it will give you the bar codes

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/5257.asp
[/quote]